Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

EVs are one of the hottest topics in the automotive industry, and if recent trends are any indication, they are only going to get hotter.

While EV adoption rates rise, there is still some hesitation by some to move into the space, a lot of which can be attributed to long-standing misconceptions and myths. So, we used the 2023 Toyota bZ4x to tackle the 5 biggest myths in this educational piece. Watch the full video below.

·
Registered
Leaf 24 Tekna '64 || Model Y LR on order
1,746 Posts
I'm surprised Toyota paid myths busting didn't bust biggest myth of them all:
plug-in < self-charging

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Myth 3 too expensive: might be 42,000 dollars (that seems expensive for a US vehicle) but they basically decided to switch $ for £ for the UK pricing.

Font Screenshot Circle Number Rectangle

Also #5 that doesn't look fun to drive. 🙄

I can imagine it'll do as well as the UX e300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My partner and I each got to drive the beezax base model at the Electrify Expo Long Beach this past weekend. It was pretty fun to drive but not as powerful as her 2020 Nissan Leaf. I thought it handled so much better than the Leaf. She is holding out for the Nissan Ariya, to replace our Honda CR-V, which we use for camping.

·
Registered
2020 Peugeot e-208
69 Posts
No glovebox, no frunk, limited to 6 kW on single phase AC (unless you spec the bigger charger), no exceptional features compared to any of the other many choices in this segment and to top it all off, the wheels will fall off it.

I think Toyota is still dead set against electric cars, since they had 15 years to design this thing, and many years of better examples being released by the competition and it's still only "ok".

Save the vast amount of money this costs for what it is and buy literally any other BEV crossover/SUV if that's the type of car you are looking for.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
479 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts