Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have wondered what the differences are for the 2020 model year of the Kia Niro EV (e-Niro) versus the 2019 model, I made this comparison video that shows things in detail. If you have any questions, please let me know.
FYI: I forgot to include a picture I took of the motor model, this 2020 was delivered on May 18th 2020 and has the 710 motor.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Interesting to see. I'm assuming the 2019 model in Canada was different to the 2020 in the UK as you didn't mention the LED front lights (or did I miss that bit), UK version had halogen.

Have to say that the dashboard doesn't do much for me. The concept of less is more applies these days so having only one thing shown on the info screen at one time works better I find. My BMWs had split screen content options for many years, I never used them, preferring to leave the NAV on full screen with various widgets showing the other useful data when needed. The other aspect is that I rarely use the other screens anyway. Maybe to set NAV destinations infrequently, maybe to set the charging options once in a blue moon but other than that, the HVAC stays on Auto and the rest just happens. I suppose a bigger screen may be better to see stuff more generally as long as it hasn't compromised the flow from those rather narrow looking vents underneath it?

LED lighting inside the car is another love it or hate it thing. As I get older I have found that having light sources in the cabin is a right pain. I often turn the info screen off when driving any distance on unlit roads just because it is more comfortable and feels easier to drive. Maybe LED lights would have improved that of course :unsure:

Am I worried that I didn't pay a couple of grand more and wait 6 months longer for those changes? I think not on balance. Thanks for sharing the video though (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts