Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the points in this video apply to other EVs so here you go 😎…
Although it is a great car the Kia Niro EV (e-Niro in Europe) is not perfect, like any car on the market. In this video I list the things I “hate” about my Niro EV, now that I have owned it for almost 2 years and over 36,000km of driving. Some things are Niro EV specific, but there are some things that apply to other EVs and even ICE vehicles. Watch to find out what I don’t like, and in case you did not know there are bloopers at the end of almost every video I make 🙂.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+
84 Posts
Great video, I totally agree with the charging point and all that shiny plastic. I’ve not even had my own car for 3 months and had the charging cover replaced under warranty due to it having a crack.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Agre with all of them. At least it has the cable storage at the same end of the car as the socket unlike the idiotic Zoe which has the socket at the front but the only storage is at the rear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great video, I totally agree with the charging point and all that shiny plastic. I’ve not even had my own car for 3 months and had the charging cover replaced under warranty due to it having a crack.
It would seem that you are not the only one to have had it replaced. Interestingly I have not had an issue with my early production 2019 Niro charge port cover.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Those points make sense, some I hadn't thought about (front charging point) others that aren't even EV specific (gloss internal surfaces). I walked away from a test drive knowing I'd never but that make of car because half the time I was driving into what felt like flood lights pointed at my eyes from many reflections of the sun. Into the sun, with the sun to either side or behind the end result was a plastic surface to burn my eyes out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't like it when forums are used to promote someone's own YT channels. I don't like the use of clickbait hyperbole.

It's a generational thing; don't worry about it. :)
My videos are not to self promote, they generally give useful information about EVs, accessories, etc.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,265 Posts
Agre with all of them. At least it has the cable storage at the same end of the car as the socket unlike the idiotic Zoe which has the socket at the front but the only storage is at the rear.
How do you open your "bonnet" to stow your cable? Please don't tell me you go to the interior to pull a tab..... that would be hugely idiotic, same distance there and back as just going to the boot, no no awkward door open, door close, direction changes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts