Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Very interesting - thank you for pointing the video out.

It seems possible that our cars could have the Battery swop at Tilbury and be back at our local Dealership within three days but not going to bet on it!!

Having watched on You Tube, I am surprised about the number of commentators that have not heard about the Fire problem. Perhaps it should be advertised more!!

·
Registered
Kona 64
704 Posts
This looks a straightforward job. A case of being methodical and following the safety procedures. I had heard from my dealer that they would be doing these swaps. If its only a half day job why put the car on a flatbed to take to Tilbury turning a half day job into at a two day or three day event?

But they haven't announced a start date or even got any batteries in the country? If they are on the much delayed Ever Given it should arrive at Felixstowe tomorrow, though I guess they will come into Tilbury with the new cars?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This looks a straightforward job. A case of being methodical and following the safety procedures. I had heard from my dealer that they would be doing these swaps. If its only a half day job why put the car on a flatbed to take to Tilbury turning a half day job into at a two day or three day event?
Training and equipment (battery lift) probably. Also as batteries probably count as hazardous goods, and need handing equipment to unload it might actually be cheaper to transport the cars than ship the batteries to dealers, and the and the old ones back!

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 2021 64kWh Premium
47 Posts
I watched this yesterday, it’s really interesting just to see how the battery process works

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
As a result of Complaining bitterly to Hyundai UK about the lack of response to an email sent in February, I received a telephone call on 11th May from a very Senior Manager. He gave me about 30 minutes of his time and did his best to answer numerous questions but admitted that much of the detail had yet to be finalised.

At that time it was stated that the venue would be Tilbury and that ’as it stands’ the turnaround time would be Five days. I was advised that another Kona Electric would be offered by Hyundai UK, as a Loan Car. However, it was impossible to provide Insurance Cover and therefore ‘we’ would have to temporarily change our own Policies and any Admin Charges would be refunded. All of this may of course have been changed in the interim.

I think that I would decline a Loan Car in these circumstances bearing in mind the hassle and delay trying to obtain the £30 token compensation for having to put up with a reduced Range, after altering Charge Limits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts