Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently released:

Reactions: E7EV

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
Would this video of helped you in your decision to get a Soul?

Reactions: ohit1

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Would this video of helped you in your decision to get a Soul?
The video validated my decision!

I have various AutoTrader alerts setup.
Kia Soul EV's get picked up really quick (like mentioned on the video), and especially the good ones. Some of the cheaper ones which are still advertised on there now did not pass my basic first checks: no confirmed serivce history so the Kia 7-year warranty cannot be assumed to be intact.

I think Covid lockdown helped us as the dealer was willing to let me place a refundable deposit to reserve it, as soon as it went online, and just be on standby until they were allowed to open up again to view.

Getting a newer one for the larger battery might have been "nice", but not nice enough for the extra £2k-£3k it would cost.

I prefer the Soul, over the 1st gen Leaf and older Zoe, as it is rare (less than 900 on howmanyleft.co.uk), much higher seating position, spacious inside and 'boxed' boot to help with organising larger loads.

Zoe was just annoying to locate easily without a battery lease and felt dark and basic inside.
The Leaf had common issues, like the rear axle problem, and the 6.6kw charger was optional.

Only the Soul had the Android Auto hack upgrade possibility, which makes a big difference to our driving entertainment/experience, and the only one to still be in warranty for a 5-year old car.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
Once the current situation improves, I think a meet-up at IKEA is called for :)

Reactions: finchlean and ohit1

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
40 Posts
It certainly made up my mind. Jonathan Porterfield, as mentioned in the video, did the business for me and now I have a 2018 Soul.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: finchlean and E7EV
1 - 8 of 8 Posts