Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Video: Used Kia Soul EV buying guide

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ohit1 
#1 ·
Recently released:

#3 · (Edited)
The video validated my decision!

I have various AutoTrader alerts setup.
Kia Soul EV's get picked up really quick (like mentioned on the video), and especially the good ones. Some of the cheaper ones which are still advertised on there now did not pass my basic first checks: no confirmed serivce history so the Kia 7-year warranty cannot be assumed to be intact.

I think Covid lockdown helped us as the dealer was willing to let me place a refundable deposit to reserve it, as soon as it went online, and just be on standby until they were allowed to open up again to view.

Getting a newer one for the larger battery might have been "nice", but not nice enough for the extra £2k-£3k it would cost.

I prefer the Soul, over the 1st gen Leaf and older Zoe, as it is rare (less than 900 on howmanyleft.co.uk), much higher seating position, spacious inside and 'boxed' boot to help with organising larger loads.

Zoe was just annoying to locate easily without a battery lease and felt dark and basic inside.
The Leaf had common issues, like the rear axle problem, and the 6.6kw charger was optional.

Only the Soul had the Android Auto hack upgrade possibility, which makes a big difference to our driving entertainment/experience, and the only one to still be in warranty for a 5-year old car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.