Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2nd April I, and 14 other Leaf owners, will be visiting the Nissan Sunderland plant. We will be given a 2 hour tour of the production facility and line and see Nissan Leafs, Qashqai and who knows what else, on the production line. We will also have a 1hr presentation and Q&A with Zero Carbon Futures about the up and coming tech, batteries, charging etc.

This trip has taken a lot of organisation and was first touted to Nissan back in September so I am sorry to say that all the places are taken and there is a standby list.

However, I wanted to let you all know that we are going and to ask that if you have any questions or queries that you would like asked directly to the people making the Leaf then please post them here. I shall put them to the production staff and see what they say :)

Of course, I shall be doing the usual Twittering, blogging etc, not just on the day (2nd April) but on my 2 day trip from Cornwall to Sunderland and 2 days back afterwards. I shall try to Glympse for the entire week following the Monday 31st March.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not long off now!

Thanks for all the work you have done to organise this event.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like a good trip, enjoy. And a thank you from me for all your helpful and informative inputs.
One question regarding my computer on Mk 2 Acenta Leaf, How does one access the History in the Energy usage screen? It just seems like a dead tab.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Battery plans!!

- what are ther plans for more capacity
- will they be changing chemistry
- as first to the market, what are there plans to keep ahead of the competition...

I'd really like a 200 mile leaf, else I'll just have to buy a Model S .. ;-)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh.. Also ... How do we get the bloody charger points updated in the satnav! There are now 2 near here that don't exist and several which are shown that are private..

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh.. Also ... How do we get the bloody charger points updated in the satnav! There are now 2 near here that don't exist and several which are shown that are private..
We have been asking that question for 3 years!

As I understand it... the maps are maintained by Navteq. Nissan submit the requested changes to Navteq who then change the software and publish the new data. That process can take 6 months or more. Nissan must pass the requests on. Navteq then collate the changes then change the software, the new changes are released back to the Nissan system in batches and they only release every few months.

So, if a change just misses an update cycle it could take up to 6 months to get into the cars.

Now, I should say that this was how it was explained to me about 2 years ago when I last asked for an explanation. It might have changed and so we can certainly ask the question of them again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wonder if the process can actually remove point? I bet the system can only push new points or modify existing ones....

·
Leaf lover
4,416 Posts
Whenever I phone my bank or some other business and I am holding on or being passed about, I ask myself if ever the top bosses ring their own concerns to find out just what Mr. Average has to put up with. Well obviously they don’t. They pass the request to their pa. who does likewise etc.
So Paul, what I would like to know please ;
Is there one person whose has the main say in matters particular to ev production and sales in the UK?
Is that person accessible to us ev lovers?
And most importantly, does he or she drive a Leaf to work each day?
Wish I was going, have a great time us.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, top marks for getting that organised.

I'd like to know if Nissan have any intention of moving into other segments with the all electric tech. Obviously, there is the eNV200, but Renault have a decent sized saloon alongside hatchback and van EV's. Will, or when will, Nissan expand the range?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
One question regarding my computer on Mk 2 Acenta Leaf, How does one access the History in the Energy usage screen? It just seems like a dead tab.
It's taken me about two months to work this out. The tab to the left of "History" (I can't remember its name at the moment) has a button to reset the miles per kWH reading. When you reset it the previous value appears on the "History" tab. So as you repeatedly reset the value a graph builds up on the "History" tab.

Incidentally, I think that this miles per kWH reading is completely separate from the one on the dashboard.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well done Roger! You are absolutely right. I have followed your instructions and sure enough a bar has now appeared on my History histogram. Thank you.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear that Andrew... both about Dfor and that you won't be stopping over as a result. Perfectly understandable though. Sal and I hope tomorrow goes well.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad news... the Scotch Corner rapid charger is down. So with the Wetherby and Scotch Corner down it will be difficult for Mk1 Leaf owners to jump the Yorkshire gap. I know there are some options... there are some 7kW chargers in Leeds and York and there is a CYC rapid at Aston Hotel so, the trip might still be possible especially with a Mk2.

However, this Ecotricity unreliability is getting at me now and I don't want this degree of hassle. What if another one goes down for our return...

So, I have decided to do the sensible thing and to go in the Ampera. It will cost me an extra £100 on petrol but I really don't want the worry and inconvenience any more.

So, I am still going but in the Ampera.

Whether the others that need to use that route will still go I do not know at the moment.

To say I am cheesed off with this unreliability is understatement of the century :(

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE: The rapid at Aston Hotel is also down... now it will be more than a challenge!

:(

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Make sure to contact Nissan and let them know that:

a) Because of poor reliability of the rapid charger network you won't be bringing your Leaf
b) They should advise others not to travel by Leaf for this visit

·
Banned
558 Posts
Make sure to contact Nissan and let them know that:
a) Because of poor reliability of the rapid charger network you won't be bringing your Leaf
b) They should advise others not to travel by Leaf for this visit
That not quite right its only those from the south that are affect by Nissan DBT - getting there from Scotland is total reliable, that to ABB at Borders CC!:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts