Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my 4+ will be ready on the 30th, so I'll be going to the dealership to finalise the order. What things should I be asking?

On my list I have:
  1. 7 year service pack
  2. Floor mats
  3. Boot liner
  4. Mud guards
Anything else that they may be likely to bundle into the price?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Apparently my 4+ will be ready on the 30th, so I'll be going to the dealership to finalise the order. What things should I be asking?

On my list I have:
  1. 7 year service pack
  2. Floor mats
  3. Boot liner
  4. Mud guards
Anything else that they may be likely to bundle into the price?

Thanks
30th of October or November?
I don’t think they do a 7 year plan.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I got floor mats thrown in but only because of the extended wait I think. Mud guards would have to be fitted, don’t think they’ll want to do that.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
266 Posts
I haggled a roof rack off them. But the UK dealers are less willing to offer freebies than the ones over here in Spain so it seems, But could be worth a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got my Niro on July 1st, for reference so you know what any saving is worth inc VAT:

Genuine Kia Front and Back Mudguards (not bought from Kia): £69
(I fitted my own in 20 relaxed mins, if you have the tools to put a phillips screwdriver bit into a ratchet so you can screw it in at 90º then it's easy.)

Genuine Kia Trunk Liner (not bought from Kia): £49

Genuine Kia Floor Mats (not bought from Kia): £51
(I paid £56.10 from the dealer at delivery)

I bought 3 Years services for £479 (inc VAT) at delivery. It stung.

Every 10% of the battery costs roughly £1 to fill at home so a full tank of electrons is a valid perk as well.

There's a lot of profit in these items, I hope you can persuade them to share some of it with you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my Niro on July 1st, for reference so you know what any saving is worth inc VAT:

Genuine Kia Front and Back Mudguards (not bought from Kia): £69
(I fitted my own in 20 relaxed mins, if you have the tools to put a phillips screwdriver bit into a ratchet so you can screw it in at 90º then it's easy.)

Genuine Kia Trunk Liner (not bought from Kia): £49

Genuine Kia Floor Mats (not bought from Kia): £51
(I paid £56.10 from the dealer at delivery)

I bought 3 Years services for £479 (inc VAT) at delivery. It stung.

Every 10% of the battery costs roughly £1 to fill at home so a full tank of electrons is a valid perk as well.

There's a lot of profit in these items, I hope you can persuade them to share some of it with you. Good Luck!
Thanks, this is great information!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the 3 years servicing plan for the 2 years price so saved about £250. But only with a finance deal and not sure the dealer didn't make a mistake!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got the 3 years servicing plan for the 2 years price so saved about £250. But only with a finance deal and not sure the dealer didn't make a mistake!
What kind of a service will be needed on a brand new EV for the first 3 years? Car that still under warranty and the only consumables are wipers and tires, not to mention that they are NOT covered with the "plan" anyway. Even brakes on EV last as twice as longer as ICE car....so you will be looking minimum 60/70K miles before you need brakes. Cabin filter??? Again this cost what....10/20 quid? Why would anybody buy a "Service plan" on a new car is beyond me.
Can you tell me what is the "service" done to the e-Niro on the first year (10000 miles) other than visual inspection? What they perform during the service? Oil and filter change 😂 ? Top up water bottle? Tires inspection? Brakes inspection? If HV cable still attached? Your indicators and horn are still working? Even the famous brake fluid replacement is advisable on the third year and not before that. What they actually do?

Go and have a look at KIA website, the 3 years service plan for Kia Sportage DIESEL cost £359.00 and this with all the oil, filters etc INCLUDED.
The same plan for eNiro is £479.00........ Is that makes ANY sense to you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have a look at post 35.....this is what the "service" looks like 😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What kind of a service will be needed on a brand new EV for the first 3 years? Car that still under warranty and the only consumables are wipers and tires, not to mention that they are NOT covered with the "plan" anyway. Even brakes on EV last as twice as longer as ICE car....so you will be looking minimum 60/70K miles before you need brakes. Cabin filter??? Again this cost what....10/20 quid? Why would anybody buy a "Service plan" on a new car is beyond me.
Can you tell me what is the "service" done to the e-Niro on the first year (10000 miles) other than visual inspection? What they perform during the service? Oil and filter change 😂 ? Top up water bottle? Tires inspection? Brakes inspection? If HV cable still attached? Your indicators and horn are still working? Even the famous brake fluid replacement is advisable on the third year and not before that. What they actually do?

Go and have a look at KIA website, the 3 years service plan for Kia Sportage DIESEL cost £359.00 and this with all the oil, filters etc INCLUDED.
The same plan for eNiro is £479.00........ Is that makes ANY sense to you?
It is possibly not under warranty unless you get it serviced once a year...

·
Registered
91 Posts
It isn't under warranty unless you get it serviced once a year...
I did not question the servicing as such, but the "VALUE" you get from a service plan VS the work they actually do.
You can get the same service in ANY VAT register garage without affecting your warranty. So if you are happy to pay almost £500 quid for a Kia visual inspection please go ahead, it is your money after all. I was just raising a point of view.
Enjoy your car 👍

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did not question the servicing as such, but the "VALUE" you get from a service plan VS the work they actually do.
You can get the same service in ANY VAT register garage without affecting your warranty. So if you are happy to pay almost £500 quid for a Kia visual inspection please go ahead, it is your money after all. I was just raising a point of view.
Enjoy your car 👍
Do ANY VAT registered garages have the ability to perform a software update?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do ANY VAT registered garages have the ability to perform a software update?
Anything under 3gb is done over the air.....just saying and the software updates should be covered by the warranty. After all this is something about functionality of the car....is it not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Enjoy your car 👍
For me it is definitely worth it! Thanks for the alternative option though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts