Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am visiting Marlow and High Wycombe area for 3 nights in a few weeks time. This area seems to be in a big hole of rapid charger coverage.

I have managed to get overnight charging at the Premier Inn hotel but it is on a 13A socket "near the kitchen"! Nevertheless, it is very kind of them to offer me charging at all seeing as they don't have an official charging station (thanks Premier Inn).

So I am on the hunt for places to charge when out and about in the area. We are visiting Bletchley Park on one of the days and so we hopefully can charge at the IKEA in Milton Keynes if it isn't ICEd!

Do you know of any other good charging locations in the area? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, Sorted :)

I have the Nissan HQ just 15 miles to the east and then rapids up the M1 and at Wheatley Services on the M40.

It really isn't the complete hole I had first thought.

I will be doing a blog on this trip. It will be our first weekend properly away in the Nissan Leaf for some time and we will be relying on the Ecotricity chargers all the way. We are both looking forward to it immensely.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
MK has loads of decent chargers, Glyn Hopkins Nissan and IKEA are reliable and rarely occupied. Our house has a "fast" charger if you're around, I'm at home and you're totally stuck (we're on the West of MK). Central MK has plenty of "fast" chargers, but often ICEd or broken. :(

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul but it will probably be Sunday late afternoon/early evening when Nissan and IKEA are both closed.

I will only be rapid charging. I don't use anything slower unless I am going to be parked up for several hours anyway. I will be visiting Bletchley Park in the day which would have been a perfect location for 16/32A charging but they don't have charging so I will be rapid charging down the M1 I expect on my way back to the hotel.

Sorry if I sound rather negative about fast charging but I suppose I am! Fast charging is just no good for on route charging as it is just way too slow!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I think there's only one public charge point in Bletchley, but every time I've driven past it's been ICEd (and it's not close to Bletchley Park). Not tried IKEA out of hours, I could drop in tonight/tomorrow and report back if nobody else has already?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I work in a Marlow and the local area is low on EV charging points. The chargemaster in maidenhead ( 1319 ) has been offline for a couple of weeks. I keep phoning chargemaster and sending tweets but nothing seems to happen. Certainly more EV charging infrastructure in the Marlow area is needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts