Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinking our first ev may be a Vauxhall Vivaro-e (or Peugeot or Citroen or Toyota), and converting it into a campervan to replace our old traffic campervan and our car

This should be fine, but my one thought is we'd like to fit a seat-belted 'rock and roll' bed, sliding if possible, and I'll not sure if these beds require extra bolts/drilling through from underneath. As the battery is under the rear floor, this may be a problem?

Obviously I've not actually seen this van yet, or have any experience fitting these beds, but if anyone has any thoughts or ideas much appreciated!

I'm hoping to keep it all nice and light to keep a good range.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm hoping to keep it all nice and light to keep a good range.
Don't sweat that. Unlike an ICE you get to regenerate most (prob. 60%-70%) of the energy used dragging it uphill when you fall down the other side.
Rolling resistance isn't going to change a lot, and with a big van it's the air that'll be the biggest drag at any speed.

require extra bolts/drilling through from underneath.
Hopefully it'll come with a selection of mounting points. If they don't line up you might need a subframe to adapt to the bed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments.

With the bed, I guess I'll have to contact some manufactures to check. I read about one came that with a sub floor strengthening kit... 🤷‍♂️ But hopefully some come to just fit the mounts already there. I think/hope they'll be the same as the standard vivaro as is the same van.

Re weight, probably right, it shouldn't make to much difference, but still, I feel light it better if possible.

If/when I get it, would be interesting to load up with a pile of slabs, drive up and down a bit hill and compare!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thinking again, 'sub floor' could have meant below a secondary plywood/vinyl floor....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts