Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Cool VW for me, I need 5 seats and the small boot would do my nut in. The BMW is nice, but I did not like the ride and it was cramped in the back. If it's anything like the e-up it will be a lovely car.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Interesting review and comparison. I guess it all depends on how much weight you attach to the different factors, e.g. luggage capacity, number of seats vs design/styling and innovation. I like the low weight and efficiency of the i3 (smaller battery size but same range as the e-Golf).

But, when I weigh up what either the e-Golf or i3 offer I can't help thinking that they don't do much more than a LEAF Tekna at about half the price and certainly not worth another £12k for me.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Interesting review and comparison. I guess it all depends on how much weight you attach to the different factors, e.g. luggage capacity, number of seats vs design/styling and innovation. I like the low weight and efficiency of the i3 (smaller battery size but same range as the e-Golf).

But, when I weigh up what either the e-Golf or i3 offer I can't help thinking that they don't do much more than a LEAF Tekna at about half the price and certainly not worth another £12k for me.
I concur. It's nice to have some proper choices coming online but not sure what you get for 12 grand more than a Zoe apart from less range :D And is it pure coincidence that the Golf and i3 both get exactly 118 mile range ?

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
I agree about the Golf but I'd give the i3 the benefit of being both great to drive and to be in. Could be a flight of fancy to a well heeled enthusiast. The Golf not so much in my opinion.

·
BMW i3 Rex
241 Posts
Clearly the Leaf and the Golf are better value than the i3. But the i3 can have the Rex and 3 years with the Leaf have shown that - for our driving profile - its the right choice.

I'm not an enthusiast and the bmw badge, the 'driving dynamics' etc are a negative for me. But the Rex swings it.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts