Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience of applying for a three month payment deferral with VW. Basically they have a simplistic form that I filled in Payment Deferral in which I stated I wanted to keep the car, was not vulnerable and was seeking a three month break (or a no to their backwardly worded 3 months or less break). I filled this in on April 29th.

On the 30th I received an email to say my PCP account was on pause while they reviewed my submission and today they have said it was rejected because:

We noted from your Payment Deferral request that you did not wish to keep your vehicle, therefore VWFS has not deemed a Payment deferral to be a suitable option for you.

Next steps:

We will unsuspend your agreement in 10 working days’ time – this means that payments will start billing again. Any payments that were due before or during your agreement being suspended will be considered as overdue, therefore it is important we work with you now to agree an suitable support option and arrange a safe handback of your vehicle.

Therefore please call us on 0370 010 2022 as a matter of urgency so that we can route you through to the team who can arrange that for you.”

I sent back a strongly worded email to ask them to review my form submission because I didn’t tick the box to return the car. It’s got me fuming because there was no submission receipt for confirmation (and I’m kicking myself I didn’t print the page off). I’m sure I’ll get this rectified but just wanted to share my frustrating experience in case anyone is in the same boat.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case this is of any use to anyone else, I got a follow up email today (after serval attempts to contact them by phone) saying the email had been sent in error and I do indeed qualify for the payment deferral.

Reactions: Rubble
1 - 2 of 2 Posts