3. Porsche Taycan - 281 ex.
4. Polestar 2 - 249 ex.
5. Nissan LEAF - 208 ex.
6. VW ID.3 - 202 ex.
7. Volvo XC40 Recharge - 190 ex.
8. VW ID.4 - 171 ex.
9. Peugeot e-2008 - 156 ex.
10. Peugeot e-28 - 155 ex.

As you can see, Volkswagen Group registrations exceeded Tesla's in the first quarter.
It's quite astonishing to see how well the expensive Taycan is selling.

Nissan Leaf hanging on up high in the rankings, but it's astonishing that Porsche manages to sell more Taycans than Nissan sells Leafs.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just realised that I posted this in the ID3 section rather than in Volkswagen Group section.
Moderators, please feel free to move it.

Belgium has tax incentives:
-BEV's and 2-seat utility vehicles are the only vehicles that are allowed to detract 100% of their expenses
-No registration tax and this can be very expensive for new luxury vehicles
-No annual tax on BEV's.
-Less personal income tax on the employee/manager (corporate cars are taxed as a form of salary) as the tax is heavily affected by the emissions.

The tax environment is favorable towards BEV's, but clearly unfavorable against all the rest.
Belgium also has an ambition to mandate BEV's and ban ICE's as company cars from 2026:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
VW sold more EVs than Porsche.

So the ID.3 must be a better car than the Taycan!

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
450 Posts
Does it show that more rich people than poor people are buying EVs in Belgium?
Sadly it shows EVs are still very niche and that the big mainstream car manufacturers haven’t cut through with an EV offering.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Pretty picture all in one place for those not wanting to click any links...

View attachment 143943
Very interesting graph.
It shows that Tesla is stagnating and that legacy automakers are responsible for most of the market growth in Europe.

It's also interesting to see how the mass-market pioneers Renault-Nissan were briefly overshadowed by the Model 3 ramp-up but have been able to creep up. It's a different customer segment than Tesla but an electric car is an electric car. With the Dacia Spring, the Twingo eletric, the new Zoe 50, the Ariya, the Megane eVision and more BEV's in the pipeline, I think that VW and Renault-Nissan will lead the EV charge for the coming years, at least in Europe.

KIA and Hyundai also have new awesome models in the pipeline aiming at the higher segment, but seeing Tesla's stagnation, I wonder how much impact it will have on volume, and whether they shouldn't start working more towards the economical segment.

The question is what about Tesla.
The Model Y is starting to deliver, but at the same time, we should see Model 3 deliveries cool down.
The timing of the Model Y couldn't be worse, with especially the Koreans offering awesome and cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
The question is what about Tesla.
The Model Y is starting to deliver, but at the same time, we should see Model 3 deliveries cool down.
The timing of the Model Y couldn't be worse, with especially the Koreans offering awesome and cheaper alternatives.
Tesla are currently limited by their production, and whilst the MY will leach some sales from the M3 it will still grow their market. The real question is what will happen to Tesla prices once the factory in Germany starts production.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Anyone who thinks Tesla's objective is market domination is sorely mistaken.

It looks like they are already achieving their stated mission. Maybe time for a new one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts