Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been quite vocal recently. I originally put a deposit down on a Life, then decided I would prefer a Business, so grabbed a cracking deal on one. Then decided to pull out as I started to panic over the battery issues.

Today I took a bloody test drive and I forgave all the ID.3’s misgivings, so my deal is back on. Should never have test driven it :)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,803 Posts
So, I have been quite vocal recently. I originally put a deposit down on a Life, then decided I would prefer a Business, so grabbed a cracking deal on one. Then decided to pull out as I started to panic over the battery issues.

Today I took a bloody test drive and I forgave all the ID.3’s misgivings, so my deal is back on. Should never have test driven it :)
Serves yourself right!

Now you’ll have to put up with an ID.3 and all its loveable foibles... 😂

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,852 Posts

I'm not sure anyone on this forum has actually had the 12V battery issue yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure anyone on this forum has actually had the 12V battery issue yet.
I think all the RHD cars were late builds. I collected on Sept 21st and apparently car was only built recently before that.
I have had no sign of any 12V problems, battery voltage appears normal even after not using car for a few days.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m gonna get a jumpstart/ booster to try and quell my nerves on the battery front as a plan B!
A good idea to keep in any car. Both me and the missus have one in our cars (Her Ioniq can have 12V probs as well).
I have a Noco Boost GB 70, a bit of an overkill for an EV, but the 2000A is handy to start a boat or tractor..:)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF N-Connecta 40kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
339 Posts
Is this sort of precaution like having a starting handle for cars when I first learnt to drive? :ROFLMAO:

·
EGGY
1,690 Posts
Taycan Poll

·
Registered
159 Posts
Taycan Poll

thanks for that, so it is a VAG issue

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,803 Posts
I’d say it’s wider than that and more of an EV issue.

That Taycan thread fizzled out around August, and a software update was rolled out that going on the lack of new traffic seems to have fixed it.

I don’t know why it’s seemingly so hard for some EV manufacturers to resolve 12v battery issues, but it seems to be. 🤷

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,856 Posts
It's the same as saying it is a Tesla issue, because it happened to Tesla first!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.