Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,963 Posts
I guess a lot hinges on how much they'll be discounted. After the ID3 you'd be a fool to sign up for an ID4 at list price.
The ID.3 pricing is a bit of a special case - there were "subsidies" available from VAG to achieve the CO2 targets and there are the ongoing but reducing software issues. Clearly the first has gone and the second is going so at some point VW will no doubt seek to remove the discounts and sell much closer to list price. It will take a while for their reputation amongst the knowledgeable to recover but they have a relatively loyal customer base most of whom will not have kept abreast of the ID.3 debacle.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The ID.3 pricing is a bit of a special case - there were "subsidies" available from VAG to achieve the CO2 targets and there are the ongoing but reducing software issues. Clearly the first has gone and the second is going so at some point VW will no doubt seek to remove the discounts and sell much closer to list price. It will take a while for their reputation amongst the knowledgeable to recover but they have a relatively loyal customer base most of whom will not have kept abreast of the ID.3 debacle.
I would normally agree with this, but VW invests heavily in leasing subsidies in the UK, more than most manufacturers. So maybe they will carry on. They normally release their deals on a quarterly basis and run them until they have hit targets. There are constant deep leasing discounts for all of the VAG group cars.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I can think of a million other ways to spend that sort of cash, but seriously, why bother with a list price when all most folk care about is the monthlies?

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
VW eGolf
318 Posts
Yep, that "loyal customer base" is very used to hefty discounts via finance deposit contributions. There's not many cars they sell today that don't have that offered.

VW site has a configurator now, 1st edition just has 4 colours and options of heat pump (£1250) and that neat folding tow hitch (£850).

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Choice is good, but I can't see them offering significant discounts in UK. UK sales don't help EU target now and with BIK low for a few years, company drivers will take enough EVs for VW pool to meet UK target.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Details of the id4 1st edition are sketchy, I have read that it has the tow ball, however posts on here suggest not.

I have also read that the FE has the brown & white interior, thereby suggesting that it has the white steering wheel & infotainment surround.

Also the car driven by Bob Flavin has memory electric seats and the glass roof....are these included in the 1st edition spec?

Can anyone advise where I can find the full official spec for the UK id4 first edition.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ID.4 on VW UK Website

As far as I can tell.........

Ireland has the ID.4 Max - The UK doesn't thats why Bobs review has a glass roof, memory seats etc (Exactly like the ID.3 UK only got the Plus not the MAX)

Volkswagen Ireland | New & Used Cars | Low Rate Car Finance (Has lots more equipment on the MAX version over the UK 1st Edition)

Nothing about the HUD

Towbar - Option swivelling £850

Black infotainment and steering wheel

LED Headlights - NOT Matrix

Nothing on the configurator about a Glass Roof

Heated front seats, Driver's and front passenger's seat height adjustment - No mention of Memory Seats

Energy efficient heat pump £1,250

As per usual the VW site can confuse, options and standard equipment differ to what's in the brochure with the usual small print of Cars shown are not UK spec etc warning.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ID.4 on VW UK Website

As far as I can tell.........

Ireland has the ID.4 Max - The UK doesn't thats why Bobs review has a glass roof, memory seats etc (Exactly like the ID.3 UK only got the Plus not the MAX)

Volkswagen Ireland | New & Used Cars | Low Rate Car Finance (Has lots more equipment on the MAX version over the UK 1st Edition)

Nothing about the HUD

Towbar - Option swivelling £850

Black infotainment and steering wheel

LED Headlights - NOT Matrix

Nothing on the configurator about a Glass Roof

Heated front seats, Driver's and front passenger's seat height adjustment - No mention of Memory Seats

Energy efficient heat pump £1,250

As per usual the VW site can confuse, options and standard equipment differ to what's in the brochure with the usual small print of Cars shown are not UK spec etc warning.
Thanks for your prompt response with some clarification.

Yes, as you say, the VW website is ambiguous at best, hence why I am seeking a definitive 1st edition spec.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys,
Bobs review is on German car as far as I see (Wolfsburg reg plate) with steering wheel on the left side so it is not Irish car/trim.

Reactions: MrPaulus

·
Registered
193 Posts
True it is a german car but it will be the MAX version on the Irish site as there are 2 versions of the ID.4 and at the moment the UK are not getting the MAX version with glass roof, HUD etc.....

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,693 Posts
True it is a german car but it will be the MAX version on the Irish site as there are 2 versions of the ID.4 and at the moment the UK are not getting the MAX version with glass roof, HUD etc.....
How do you know that?

·
Registered
193 Posts
How do you know that?
Look at the Irish site and compare the equipment levels, then check the UK site, Irish site has the 2 versions with the top spec MAX (Which has the HUD, Glass roof etc, exactly like the german MAX version Bob drove) the UK site doesn't have the MAX (Exactly how it was with the ID.3 launch in the UK, No Max Edition), nothing to say they won't have different models later on (Like the ID.3) but at launch there is only 1 1st edition model in the UK and it is not the MAX.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Look at the Irish site and compare the equipment levels, then check the UK site, Irish site has the 2 versions with the top spec MAX (Which has the HUD, Glass roof etc, exactly like the german MAX version Bob drove) the UK site doesn't have the MAX (Exactly how it was with the ID.3 launch in the UK, No Max Edition), nothing to say they won't have different models later on (Like the ID.3) but at launch there is only 1 1st edition model in the UK and it is not the MAX.....
It seems that the UK always gets short-changed for some reason. Maybe we get the spec that other countries don't want to buy?

1 - 20 of 225 Posts