Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"
It looks rather weird because of the deceiving camouflage.
We've been spying on the Volkswagen ID Buzz for a while, but it's only now the photographers have managed to capture the all-electric van using its own body. Eschewing the Transporter skin used by the test mules, the Microbus for the EV era has been caught wearing the production bodywork, but don't get too excited just yet. In typical VW Group fashion, the prototype hides its final look underneath clever camo."

Volkswagen ID Buzz spied with production body for the first time

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
Looking at the number of VW T5s out there, it’ll sell by the train load.

I wouldn’t read too much into those pictures, it’s still a test mule carrying fake bodywork/panels, and the paint job will change the looks a lot as well.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I really wanted one but now looking at these pictures I am not so sure, I will wait until nearer the time before deciding

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
I really wanted one but now looking at these pictures I am not so sure, I will wait until nearer the time before deciding
I think you can just about see past the nose disguise, and see what it might look like.

Lose the steel wheels and get the sculpted sill, remove the vinyl from around the lights, the fake bonnet line, the lower grill/fogs, and put the big VW badge back where it is on the prototype and it will look very different.

Definitely one that will look different come official release day I think.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Anything close to the concept vehicle shown previously was never going to be cheap! It would be nice to think we could get the retro-look version alongside the T5/T6 “modern” style too, as there may well be a decent market for both styles. I’d be happy with the retro style personally, and would just about stomach the high cost for a long-term keeper, but my man-maths would be working overtime to try and make it seem in any way financially justifiable!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts