Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Is anyone experiencing problems due to the current outage of the Volkswagen 'We Connect' back-end?

I called the 0800 279 7508 customer support number and there is a recorded announcement that We Connect is down and that they are working on getting it back up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is anyone have any tips for demisting/defrosting my windscreen while We Connect is down. I normally start it from my phone. I've setup a time of departure with Air Con/Climate Control set to 29 deg C, which seemed to work this morning.

However when I turn on the windscreen heater from within the cabin with ignition on it just blows cold air. The engine won't start while stationary (especially with a fully charged battery).

So how can I demist the windscreen before I drive off?

·
Registered
115 Posts
RainX Antifog coated in the inside and a windscreen cover on the outside. I find the App too unreliable to get the AC setup correctly so I only use it to stop & start charging remotely or to cool the car during the summer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Also is anyone have any tips for demisting/defrosting my windscreen while We Connect is down. I normally start it from my phone. I've setup a time of departure with Air Con/Climate Control set to 29 deg C, which seemed to work this morning.

However when I turn on the windscreen heater from within the cabin with ignition on it just blows cold air. The engine won't start while stationary (especially with a fully charged battery).

Can't you kick the engine into life by holding down the break and then putting the accelerator flat to the floor? Not sure whether that will improve the demisting capabilities?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Better way to flash up the ICE without over revving from cold; ignition on then release bonnet release.
Obviously don't try to drive away in this state, as I wouldn't rely on safety catch.
If you drop the bonnet again, ICE will still run for about 1-2 mins.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RainX Antifog coated in the inside and a windscreen cover on the outside. I find the App too unreliable to get the AC setup correctly so I only use it to stop & start charging remotely or to cool the car during the summer.
Thanks, I do use AntiFog. Might apply a new coat this weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your suggestions. It appears VW have now got 'We Connect' working again and my phone and car can once again talk to each other.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

Only possible via the app or by setting a timer up within the next 15 minutes. The car will not heat/aircon while the charging cable is connected as you cannot "start" the car, which is necessary to have things like air con working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts