Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2013 Volt will probably have a optional arm rest between the rear seats, the 2012 model has an optional bag priced £100 similar to the bag fitted to Positiv and Electron Amperas as standard.
I consider the rear seats look sleek and sporty without the bag and cloth load cover :cool:
Perhaps the arm rest will be available on the Ampera instead of the bag ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The new Electron Ampera (not sure about the Positiv and Earth models) is now fitted with a rear central arm rest rather than the central bag between the seats.
Unfortunately it is not suitable for the 2012 Ampera and is not retro-fittable :(
Pity, thought it would be an improvement on the existing bag arrangement.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,510 Posts
Brian Matthews said:
The new Electron Ampera (not sure about the Positiv and Earth models) is now fitted with a rear central arm rest rather than the central bag between the seats.
Unfortunately it is not suitable for the 2012 Ampera and is not retro-fittable :(
Pity, thought it would be an improvement on the existing bag arrangement.
My new Electron has the rear central armrest but I have had to order the close out panel to hide anything in the boot. Also new (well now standard) over the price list that I was working from are the door sill protectors and the fitted carpet mats. I had ordered these and the close out panel as dealer fitted accessories, although I have had to order the panel myself as they were unable to find the close out panel details, well sales dept could not but parts could and it was delivered there within two days so I can pick it up the following day. The sill protectors look good but the carpet mats, although good at first glance are very thin and have just a simple foam backing with no binding or finishing around the edges, not up to the quality of the ones on my 2005 Corsa.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes the armrest is a nice addition but I was disappointed that the load compartment cover was missing - now a £80 option. Just underlines when demoing a car you need to clarify what extras it has. I don't think its safe to have an open gap between boot and passengers. What if I was carrying a big consignment of hedgehogs and sea urchins .......
The boot cover is unlikely to stop anything either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts