Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid your delivery date sounds entirely plausible: I ordered my Volt on 1st April and collected it on 20th July. So far as I can tell, while they may actually carry stock of the Amperas in the UK, the Volts are made to order. Based on my VIN number I think they started building mine about 3 weeks after the order was placed and from what the dealer said I don't think it left Hamtramck until late May. It then took until mid July to reach the UK.

· Registered
6,490 Posts
Just in case you didn't know, the Hamtramck assembly line is closed from 17th September to 15th October while they upgrade some of the facilities for a new Impala, so your Volt is probably waiting until after they restart. They increased the stock of US Volts before the shutdown, but I doubt they did the same for our ones.

Also, regarding after-sales timescales: I paid for the fixed price servicing pack and the paperwork for that just turned up yesterday, so it took 9 weeks for Chevrolet UK to send out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.