Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Volt from Cambridge Chevrolet at the beginning of April, and since they've now started arriving at the dealer I was really hopeful that mine would turn up soon, but yesterday they first of all told me that the only ones arriving were the ones with SatNav, and then later (after I'd asked Chevrolet UK directly what was going on) they managed to find out that my Volt is built but still in the US awaiting shipping.

It seems as though Chevrolet have prioritised building the more expensive version first rather than doing them in order of ordering. Also I find it a bit strange that they had a list apparently of specific cars back at the start of April when in fact those cars didn't then exist.

Oh well, it would have been nice to get my Volt in May, but now I can hope it arrives by the end of June. Or whenever.

I'd just like to add that so far Cambridge Chevrolet have been great and I also appreciate the fact that they tweet regular updates. My gripe if I have one is the lack of communication from GM in the US: as I understand it US buyers get a VIN number almost immediately that they can use to track the car through production and shipping. They really should do something similar here.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At long last I get to collect my Volt tomorrow, so today's post included a new insurance certificate, V5C registration documents, and Polar smartcard. All of a sudden it seems it must be real. I find it a bit strange though to have registration documents for a car when I haven't yet paid for it.

Also there's a yellow severe weather warning for the whole area tomorrow, so that could make it interesting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well done. I am sure you will love it. When I bought mine I has to wait less than a week which I thought remarkable. I was told that the uptake of the Positiv has been much less than the Inspiron and so Chrysler are shipping more of them than the Positiv. They also explained that because there isn't the same bewildering number of optional extras as with other makes of car, the cars can be made more or less 'standard' and be available from stock. I chose a red one and there was just one available in the UK.

950 miles with lifetime 85mpg and rising as I do more local journeys. It is hard wiping the conceited smirk off my face!

·
Militant EV driver!
4,936 Posts
I doubt you mean Chrysler... more like GM (Chevrolet in this case).

And Inspiron is a type of Dell PC. The top spec Ampera is Electron.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dpeilow said:
I doubt you mean Chrysler... more like GM (Chevrolet in this case).

And Inspiron is a type of Dell PC. The top spec Ampera is Electron.
and besides, I was talking Volt rather than Ampera.

Anyway, all went well and I now have a shiny new Volt. The 94 miles home took 1.1 gallons of petrol which I'm pretty happy with (though if I'd slowed up a bit on the dual carriageways I'm sure I could have got much further on battery).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts