Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything like this happen to their radio?

(Sorry it's just a link; I can't figure out how to embed a G+ video directly in a post.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's a bit too blury to see properly but it looks to me like you're on page 2 of 4 of your ”favourites” - has it switched from page 1 by accident? (Press Fav a few times to cycle pages.)

That said the DAB radio does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes!

What really bugs me is that one of DABs main advantages is that it broadcasts what's currently being played...but despite a much bigger screen than most DAB radios the Ampera/Volt doesn't display it grrrr....

·
Registered
622 Posts
No idea how to help! That has to be quite annoying though, Jack fm does sound like a cracker!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bruce, no I always use page 2 of the favourites: page 1 has the FM stations.
You can get at the DAB text on the Volt, but it is buried deep in the menus so not much good to check if they're putting out traffic alerts on it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Looks to me like it can't find the DAB multiplex so it's reverted to the previous station being played...? Do you have an indoor DAB radio nearby that you could use to test that the DAB station is actually available? Or does it come back when the car's somewhere else?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Appologies Duncan if I was ”teaching my granny to suck eggs” - when someone posts a question on a forum you never know their level of familiarity/expertise.

Likewise I know you can get at least some of the DAB text through the menu but it always seems to give the general program title/info, whereas my Roberts DAB indoors gives the currently-playing track. But I haven't bothered to compare them side by side on the same program. All that blank screen space too....

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks to me like it can't find the DAB multiplex so it's reverted to the previous station being played...? Do you have an indoor DAB radio nearby that you could use to test that the DAB station is actually available? Or does it come back when the car's somewhere else?
Good try, but I think you can probably hear in the video that each time I changed to DAB the station was available and sounded fine. Also I think when it loses the DAB signal there's a more obvious gap as it waits a bit before switching to FM (and when it does fail over it is supposed to be to the same station).

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ah sorry, I was watching it at work (no sound on). Another thought - did you have Traffic Announcements activated? Maybe it was switching over to the nearest Traffic Programme channel each time... it doesn't look like it from the video...

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Traffic announcements were on. I don't think Radio 3 nor Jack fm actually do traffic annnouncements though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
To view the DAB text/information push the "menu" and select "radio text". Having said that I have no idea why it cant be on the main screen as it is on FM.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,604 Posts
I've not had that on my Ampera but what I have noticed during some traffic information broadcasts that I cannot cancel it. I can go to the screen to cancel the reception, the unit changes from the yellow bannered 'Off' to white 'Off' as though acknowledging the selection but still plays the traffic. Length of time it does this varies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts