Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following on from the bearing failure and being told I was out of Warrenty I desided to do some digging.
All of my online research seemed to say that the whole Voltec system is still covered "including all 161 components" was the way the US sites stated it, so I got on the phone to GM customer services. At first all I got was the was the battery is covered by 100k and 8 years and nothing else, so I want back and asked why the Volt in the UK was different from the Ampera and the Volt US. After about 5 phone conversations I eventually got what I wanted……..

EMAIL BELOW

I write further to our telephone conversation on the 20 April 2015, regarding your Chevrolet Volt, and the battery warranty information you request.

Please see below as discussed:

Advised the following is covered under the "CE Voltec Component Warranty" to 03/08/2020 / 100,000 Miles:

High Voltage Wiring

- Voltec® Control Modules

- E-Compressor

- Traction Power Inverter Module (TPIM)

- Accessory Power Module (APM)

- Voltec® On-Board Charger

- Brake Modulator Assembly

- Electric drive unit assembly and internal components, including the auxiliary fluid pump, auxiliary pump controller and 3-phase cables

and including the battery.

Should you require any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me on 08000260034, quoting the above reference number.

Yours sincerely

I have had it checked out by Buckingham and Stanley in Cambridge and they are happy that this is enough for them to cover any work's on the "complicated bits" untill 2020…..No more worries :D

·
Super Moderator
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a worthwhile check in any case, given the odd position Chevrolet UK is in.

I checked before I even bought the Ampera. Wouldn't have taken it if it didn't include the 100k HV drivetrain warranty (in my case, until 2018).
The problem was I did check and thought I had it covered, it came as a massive shock when I was told I was 1 month outside of the warranty but they would cover it anyway. I now feel happy that I have it in writing and my preferred garage have emailed me confirming they are also happy that I am covered

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.