Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Interesting. I will do the same as ours is 3 years old on 22/5/15. Ours also was originally supplied and serviced by Cambridge, but it next service and mot in a few weeks will switch to bellingers in Wantage as it's much closer.

It suddenly occurred to me as we bought ours @ 2.5 years old it could have already had several bearing failures and a final full drive assembly replacement by the first owner who then decided to trade it in before the 3 years full warranty was up.

I may call Cambridge and ask them if they have a full history of work done on the car.

M

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Interesting. I will do the same as ours is 3 years old on 22/5/15. Ours also was originally supplied and serviced by Cambridge, but it next service and mot in a few weeks will switch to bellingers in Wantage as it's much closer.

It suddenly occurred to me as we bought ours @ 2.5 years old it could have already had several bearing failures and a final full drive assembly replacement by the first owner who then decided to trade it in before the 3 years full warranty was up.

I may call Cambridge and ask them if they have a full history of work done on the car.

M
Arse. Wife complained last night that @ 40k her volt suddenly got very noisy. Listening to her drive off this morning no doubt it. Bearing failure noise.

Andy what is the best course to claim under voltec warrenty? Speak to the guys in Cambridge who sold the car or speak to chevy uk first?

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.