Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my M3 LR for six months now and have two questions about audio volume control:
  1. Recently, when I switch to my phone as the source, the Tesla sets it to maximum volume. This generally makes us all jump out of our skin. There must be a setting somewhere I have changed, or else it changed with an update. Anyone have any thoughts?
  2. In my German cars (BMW, Merc) the volume setting was automatically speed dependent, increasing as the car goes faster and the ambient noise is therefore higher. The Tesla does not do that (or at least I cannot find where to set it). Consequently, I am forever increasing and decreasing the volume on long trips, esp when listening to spoken voice podcasts. Again, any thoughts?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,777 Posts
The lack of speed compensation on audio is annoying. It's the same in the model S. i think it used to be available but they took it away. It's such a basic feature that's been on most cars I've had for ages.

Before setting off check volume on phone of Bluetooth device first and see whether it's being over ridden or not. I only use phone so I haven't noticed a volume difference between sources.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had this checked when my car went in for other items needing attention. They said it was a fault they could not fix and expected a 'firmware upgrade' to remedy. Although juding from the response on here, no-one else is experiencing the problem so far.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
IIRC, the Model 3 saves default volume settings for different inputs, but only when they are adjusted whilst that input is playing. So if you use the left scroll wheel to wind the phone volume down when the phone is in use, it should then save that setting. Same goes for the radio, sat nav, etc. It's an annoying feature, especially as the volume can reset itself if there's a software update, and also because things like the phone ringing or the sat nav speaking instructions only gives a short window of opportunity to wind the volume down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts