Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling Volvo v60 phev owners, we have just bought one.

Maybe u can help with some of the whistle and bells and gizmos.

Most is very user friendly but we keep hearing bongs, beeps and taking picture noises and can't figure out why?!?!

Any help, tips etc greatly appreciated

·
Registered
538 Posts
We test drove one which was great - but we opted for the GTE in the end

We test drove the D5 - I think there is a D6 version now - which do you have?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Isn't the D6 the designation for the "dual engine" PHEV? D5 I think is an ICE..

I test drove one in Polar Blue -- very fetching..!
The OLEV list now contains both
Plug-in car and van grants - GOV.UK
So, I assumed that Volvo had updated the Diesel engine in the PHEV. Their configurator now shows the d6, and used cars show D5, so I think they have had an update........ Still expensive!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have the d6 se lux 2014 model, very nice and got a great deal on it. Very impressed so far. Still learning about the new systems and the plug in aspect.

Our xc70 was a great car but expensive to run and got poor mpg due to mostly town driving.

Getting our plug in point fitted soon at the house, getting the battery charge nearly for free due to our solar panels( as long as it's sunny)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Isn't the D6 the designation for the "dual engine" PHEV? D5 I think is an ICE..
No, D6 just implies it's a fast diesel, and a D5 is a tad slower. Volvo may or may not sell non-PHEV version of both. The first Volvo V60 PHEV was a D6 but in some countries you can now also get a slightly slower D5 PHEV.

In the past a T was a turbo petrol version, a D was a diesel and the number stood for the number of cilinders, but that has changed a few years ago. Which is a good thing, few people would buy a T2 or D2 Volvo if it was a two cilinder car :D

Now that I think of it, my current Mercedes B250e doesn't have a 2.5L engine displacement either ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
We have the d6 se lux 2014 model, very nice and got a great deal on it. Very impressed so far. Still learning about the new systems and the plug in aspect.

Our xc70 was a great car but expensive to run and got poor mpg due to mostly town driving.

Getting our plug in point fitted soon at the house, getting the battery charge nearly for free due to our solar panels( as long as it's sunny)
Welcome Andy, I have a September 14 se lux too, it's a fantastic car, smooth, fast, economical and rare. It certainly bongs at me less than my wife's leaf which is always telling me off for not putting my foot on the brake, opening the door whilst on etc! Enjoy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No, D6 just implies it's a fast diesel, and a D5 is a tad slower. Volvo may or may not sell non-PHEV version of both. The first Volvo V60 PHEV was a D6 but in some countries you can now also get a slightly slower D5 PHEV.

In the past a T was a turbo petrol version, a D was a diesel and the number stood for the number of cilinders, but that has changed a few years ago. Which is a good thing, few people would buy a T2 or D2 Volvo if it was a two cilinder car :D

Now that I think of it, my current Mercedes B250e doesn't have a 2.5L engine displacement either ;)
I did think D6 was reserved for the PHEV version only??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Andy, I have a September 14 se lux too, it's a fantastic car, smooth, fast, economical and rare. It certainly bongs at me less than my wife's leaf which is always telling me off for not putting my foot on the brake, opening the door whilst on etc! Enjoy!
Does your car make camera shutter sounds while driving? Not sure what the noise is for, sone info said it was due to speed cameras on the cars data base but we have not seen any when the sound has been made.

Loving the car, think it's more intelligent than me!! ( but that's not difficult )

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm booking a test drive of a D6 for my next company car, it's cheaper on the scheme than the D4 ! (once you count BIK).

What sort of mpg can it achieve day to day without a charge or on long journeys?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm booking a test drive of a D6 for my next company car, it's cheaper on the scheme than the D4 ! (once you count BIK).

What sort of mpg can it achieve day to day without a charge or on long journeys?
Realistically, motorway work with no charging is the same as any other two tonne auto diesel with a bit of poke, around 44mpg. An overnight charge with a daily 68 mile distance got me around 60mpg. Now there is a charge point I can use at work, I can get mid eighties on a tank.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does your car make camera shutter sounds while driving? Not sure what the noise is for, sone info said it was due to speed cameras on the cars data base but we have not seen any when the sound has been made.
I didn't go for the driver pack with adaptive cruise, speed limit alert etc, so cannot be sure. It sounds like the alert for the change in speed limits if it comes on so regularly. I get the camera symbol on the satnav when one is expected, but not with an audible warning. They do have a lot of kit in them!

·
Registered
960 Posts
just a heads up, the D5 & D6 are the same on the newer versions, personally been tempted by the D5 and a stage 2 rica remap...:love:

the camera warnings you should be able to turn off, if not you may have an older satnav version, bit of a warning, these take about 8 hours to update if you decide to do so and the car engine must be left running otherwise it shuts itself off with battery save mode.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts