Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
£49K less grant is around £45K - so less than Polestar which is almost £50K. Maybe it will be a bit less, we might find out on 16 October - assuming they reveal UK price. A bit risky for them with exchange rates and Brexit...

Is this going to be like people thinking the ID3 1st Edition was going to be £25K?
Problem with the ID3 1st Edition was also that looks like only being mid-spec/battery....

If the XC40 is “fully loaded”, with 280-300+ range.....and under that Polestar price....well, I could be interested. But somehow I doubt it!

I posted this on the Polestar 2 thread the other day...
View attachment 123649
It seems odd. EU quoted price is €58,800 which is around £53,000 so the assumption (by media) was the £49,900 was after PICG. Are Polestar really going to sell it cheaper here? Great if true, but could end up 10% more if tarrifs hit.

The Polestar press release is very clear that "Additional Government incentives/subsidies may apply in each market."

And of course Polestar have confirmed directly that the UK price is pre-grant.

The Polestar press release is very clear that "Additional Government incentives/subsidies may apply in each market."

And of course Polestar have confirmed directly that the UK price is pre-grant.

Interesting!
How much more for the Pilot or Pilot+ package? Not clear on that page (maybe Pilot is standard?).....I’d want the loaded one, of course ?
They mention a performance pack at £5K, but that looks different.
Could be approaching £60k with that lot?!

Still unclear about efficiency and range!

Interesting!
How much more for the Pilot or Pilot+ package? Not clear on that page (maybe Pilot is standard?).....I’d want the loaded one, of course ?
They mention a performance pack at £5K, but that looks different.
Could be approaching £60k with that lot?!

Still unclear about efficiency and range!
That press release isn't very clear. Pilot and Plus packages are included on the launch edition. Range is expected to be 500km/310m WLTP, 275m EPA. I don't see the point of the Performance Pack personally, it just looks like bling for bragging rights unless you're really serious about taking the car on track.

Well, there go my predictions - totally blown out of the water! :D

It's very interesting. On the one hand, I can see the value in using a near identical drivetrain to the Polestar 2. On the other, I can't help but think there will be more than a few people cancelling the their P2 orders having seen the specs on the electric XC40.

Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, but it feels to me a little underwhelming on range.....250 miles from a 78kWh battery isn't what I would expect - 300+ should be more like it.
& skimmed through the "announcement" - sorely lacking on details!
Ho hum.....

Just seen the price for the xc40 plug in hybrid - well over £40k in the UK. Seems far too much. If they price the full electric xc40 in a similar way it will also be too expensive.
Where did you see any pricing detail? Did I skim past that bit of the video?!

Discussion starter · #77 ·
I don' think they have said anything about launch spec, price or timing so more questions than answer so far but will give them a chance to see if more details are now released

Discussion starter · #79 ·
It was indeed a bit of a underwhelming reveal given the electric is pretty much the same look as the non-electric xc40's and we knew the rough spec already so am non the wiser until we see more details. I'm ready to put down a deposit if volvo get that far

It was indeed a bit of a underwhelming reveal given the electric is pretty much the same look as the non-electric xc40's and we knew the rough spec already so am non the wiser until we see more details. I'm ready to put down a deposit if volvo get that far
Plus if I was in the market for an electric SUV the MG EZS for well under half the price but more than half the range would be nagging at the back of my mind. Yes it doesn't tow and isnt as quick but 8 seconds 0-60 is shifting and i'm not completely sold on the idea of towing with an EV or at least think a PHEV like the outlander would be a better proposition.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.