Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
452 Posts
The FAQ's below suggest it's not for new switchers.

[email protected]
Link doesn’t work.
I’m with a octopus but not actually with Go yet as I’m waiting for a smart meter. So in theory I am going to switch to Go :0)
But I do know people who have rang them about retrospective offer claims and they’ve said yes.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
309 Posts
Definitely worth emailing them. I switched via a friend’s £50 referral code before I knew of the VW partnership.

They gave me an additional £40 credit to take me up to the £90 total of the VW partnership.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Link doesn’t work.
I’m with a octopus but not actually with Go yet as I’m waiting for a smart meter. So in theory I am going to switch to Go :0)
But I do know people who have rang them about retrospective offer claims and they’ve said yes.
I'm in the same boat - I'm with Octopus, but not Octopus GO, can't get GO until I have a smart meter (getting fitted on Friday).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Link doesn’t work.
It's an email address

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have switched to them using this link. To get £90 you need to switch both gas AND electicity which I did. My actual switch for both is planned for 21 May

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have switched to them using this link. To get £90 you need to switch both gas AND electicity which I did. My actual switch for both is planned for 21 May
You have to switch both fuels? The gas tariff you pick is irrelevant to VW or EVs, and there's no gas equivalent or accompanying tariff to Octopus GO. Seems odd that gas is tied in too. Either way, when I get my smart meter on Friday, I'll have to pick a standalone gas tariff to go with my standalone electricity tariff (Octopus Go) as I'm currently on a dual fuel tariff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, the gas might be irrelevant to the Volkswagen EVs but that's what says in details of the offer:

How do I claim my free miles?
Simply sign up to Octopus Go, the tariff designed specifically for EV drivers, or any one of our other great value tariffs here.

Your free miles will be received in the form of £90 credit in your Octopus Energy account when you switch both fuel accounts to Octopus. The credit will be automatically added to your account once you're on supply and your first direct debit has been taken (usually around 10 days later).

Reactions: Monkeyhanger

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have to switch both fuels? The gas tariff you pick is irrelevant to VW or EVs, and there's no gas equivalent or accompanying tariff to Octopus GO. Seems odd that gas is tied in too. Either way, when I get my smart meter on Friday, I'll have to pick a standalone gas tariff to go with my standalone electricity tariff (Octopus Go) as I'm currently on a dual fuel tariff.
Without smart meters you must have switched to a tariff like Octopus Flexible? You can only switch to Go or Go Faster once Octopus have connected to your smart meters. Once that's done (and wait until you've got your £90!) you're free to switch gas to whatever/wherever you want, though Flexible for us is pretty good.

Unless I've misunderstood something about your circumstances...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Without smart meters you must have switched to a tariff like Octopus Flexible? You can only switch to Go or Go Faster once Octopus have connected to your smart meters. Once that's done (and wait until you've got your £90!) you're free to switch gas to whatever/wherever you want, though Flexible for us is pretty good.

Unless I've misunderstood something about your circumstances...
Yes, I'm on flexible dual fuel currently. Can't get on go/go faster until I have my smart meter. At that point of changing to go/go faster will also necessitate a change in gas tariff as I can't remain on dual fuel for gas only.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, I'm on flexible dual fuel currently. Can't get on go/go faster until I have my smart meter. At that point of changing to go/go faster will also necessitate a change in gas tariff as I can't remain on dual fuel for gas only.
You can remain on Flexible for gas once you change to Go for electricity. There's no requirement for dual fuel to continue to get Go and the cashback.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can confirm. I've been on flexible for gas for a couple of weeks. My smart meter went live yesterday and I'm just waiting for Octopus to start picking up the readings and I'll be on Go for the electric.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts