Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just had my meter installed an hour ago, waiting for Octopus to acknowledge it and I'll be asking for a switch to Octopus GO or Go Faster (so I can get washing machine and tumble dryer working at 2030 and beyond- they don't have timers).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice one. Did the engineer manage to commission yours right away? He couldn't do mine on the day and I had to wait a week for a remote commissioning, which was done yesterday.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Nice one. Did the engineer manage to commission yours right away? He couldn't do mine on the day and I had to wait a week for a remote commissioning, which was done yesterday.
Yes, he got it commissioned, he said commissioning system was goosed yesterday but is working today. Presumably I can forward a picture of my V5 for the ID3 (came Tuesday, only picked it up last Saturday!).

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine told me exactly the same thing. It must be really flaky. Unfortunately it was down on the day of my installation and it took them just over a week to do it remotely.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
87 Posts
Had a reply from them - asking if existing customers qualify:

We do have an offer for existing customers but unfortunately, this isn’t available to customers that have come through other third parties such as price comparison websites. This is because we already offer significant discounts through our exclusive tariffs on these websites.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Had a reply from them - asking if existing customers qualify:

We do have an offer for existing customers but unfortunately, this isn’t available to customers that have come through other third parties such as price comparison websites. This is because we already offer significant discounts through our exclusive tariffs on these websites.
I applied directly and got a £25 credit from them, so they shouldn't be able to use that excuse with me. They might deduct the £2/ credit from the VW offer, but if they do then fair enough.

I've pretty much stopped using top cashback. I have more refused cashback that has tracked correctly that that which goes through straight away over the last year.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
279 Posts
I applied directly and got a £25 credit from them, so they shouldn't be able to use that excuse with me. They might deduct the £2/ credit from the VW offer, but if they do then fair enough.

I've pretty much stopped using top cashback. I have more refused cashback that has tracked correctly that that which goes through straight away over the last year.
I can't remember how I joined Octopus, so I've emailed them anyway with order and account details to see what will happen. They can only say "No" at worst.

A Twitter DM with them had said they would give it consideration.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Been on the phone and been sent a link to apply for GO. Just filled it in and the response reads like they're unaware of my smart meter installation and I'll need to arrange an install. Hopefully that status will change after they've had a steady few half hourly.meter readings.

Asked about the VW offer and was told it can be done once I'm officially on GO.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Been on the phone and been sent a link to apply for GO. Just filled it in and the response reads like they're unaware of my smart meter installation and I'll need to arrange an install. Hopefully that status will change after they've had a steady few half hourly.meter readings.

Asked about the VW offer and was told it can be done once I'm officially on GO.
Are Octopus already receiving your smart meter readings already? They aren't mine yet - they say it can take up to two weeks:
"Smart meter installed
Your smart meter is installed, and we're working on connecting to it. Sit tight, as this can take up to two weeks."

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh, that's guff about needing to be on Go before they can apply the VW offer by the way. I had mine through weeks ago and I've never been on Go.

Having said that, my initial approach to Octopus was through the VW offer and I did apply for Go from the outset (I couldn't have it right away of course because no smart meter).

·
Registered
889 Posts
Are Octopus already receiving your smart meter readings already? They aren't mine yet - they say it can take up to two weeks:
"Smart meter installed
Your smart meter is installed, and we're working on connecting to it. Sit tight, as this can take up to two weeks."
I'm hoping they are, apparently takes a string of half hourly uploads to the mothership to confirm connection stability. Hope they don't take 2 weeks about it, but if they do, I can live with 5p a mile for a few weeks.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
512 Posts
I had an older smart meter already and thought I’d have to wait for a new one to be installed. But surprisingly I found they had linked up to the old one and everything was up and running 4 days ago!
Literally just now got confirmation of £40 VW credit to add to the £50 referral credit I already received. Happy days.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had an older smart meter already and thought I’d have to wait for a new one to be installed. But surprisingly I found they had linked up to the old one and everything was up and running 4 days ago!
Literally just now got confirmation of £40 VW credit to add to the £50 referral credit I already received. Happy days.
On that basis, I'll expect £65 to add to the £25 I already got on joining Octopus.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
512 Posts
Does your Glacier White paint sparkle? I haven't seen mine on a sunny day yet (its been grey since I got it on Saturday), but to me it's looking like a solid white with a slight blue/violet tinge.
I would say it sparkles. Not that it’s been cleaned that often!
I’ll try and wash and photo it in the next day or so. I’ll explain to my wife Mr. Monkeyhanger is interested:0)

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would say it sparkles. Not that it’s been cleaned that often!
I’ll try and wash and photo it in the next day or so. I’ll explain to my wife Mr. Monkeyhanger is interested:0)
If there was a solid white paint option I'd swear I've been diddled! Mine has the "just been sealed" shine, just there seems to be no metallic grain shimmering in it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
For reference, it took 4 days for Octopus to recognise my meter and because I'd asked for the smart tariff on joining, that was changed 2 days later. Very efficient.

My meter has recommissioned itself twice in the last 6 months, don't know what that's about but everything is working so not c once about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If there was a solid white paint option I'd swear I've been diddled! Mine has the "just been sealed" shine, just there seems to be no metallic grain shimmering in it.
I spoke to the Service Manager at the dealers about this and it's not metallic, it's pearlescent, so more nuanced and creates shading rather than sparkle..

·
Registered
417 Posts
For reference, it took 4 days for Octopus to recognise my meter and because I'd asked for the smart tariff on joining, that was changed 2 days later. Very efficient.

My meter has recommissioned itself twice in the last 6 months, don't know what that's about but everything is working so not c once about it.
Mine was remotely commissioned on Thursday. I noticed that overnight all the 30 minute readings have appeared on the Octopus site, going back to when the meter was first installed more than a week ago. This morning they emailed to confirm I am now on Go. Apparently I can ask them to backdate my billing to that which I would have had if I had been on Go since the meter was installed. I may do that as I did charge my car a couple of times in that period.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts