Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just to confirm with anyone with an Ohme and Octopus Go...

Would you just set the Ohme app to max charge and don't charge over 5p per kWh, and then set max charge you want on the we connect VW app e.g. 80% ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ignore max charge, that just overrides any other settings.

I leave all settings in the car alone and then set Ohme to add 100% to get around the unknown charge in the car and then tick the "Don't charge above 5p" option.

The car will take what it needs and you'll add around 52/53% charge per 4 hour slot. When you unplug the car, Ohme will then update and tell you what you spent and how many kw you added.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
146 Posts
After signing up with them on 3 May they switched me for both leccy and gas yesterday but strangely my Octopus dashboard shows that I'm on Flexible Octopus April 2021 v1 tariff for electricity.
Did they mess up or is it normal at the beginning? I have already pinged them an email but I reckon they won't answer before Monday the earliest.

·
Registered
889 Posts
After signing up with them on 3 May they switched me for both leccy and gas yesterday but strangely my Octopus dashboard shows that I'm on Flexible Octopus April 2021 v1 tariff for electricity.
Did they mess up or is it normal at the beginning? I have already pinged them an email but I reckon they won't answer before Monday the earliest.
They only work Mon to Friday in customer services. If you have a smart meter fitted and it's been in long enough for the installer company to have passed all details of the meter to Octopus and Octopus has a connection to it to reliable get half hour readings from it, you'll get onto Go. That took a week for me but they advise it can take 2 weeks. Before then, you'll be on their variable weight because they won't have you on Go until they can take real time smart meter readings to bill you accordingly.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
146 Posts
If you have a smart meter fitted and it's been in long enough for the installer company to have passed all details of the meter to Octopus and Octopus has a connection to it to reliable get half hour readings from it, you'll get onto Go. That took a week for me but they advise it can take 2 weeks.
I moved to the newly built house that has both electricity and gas smart meters. When I signed up with them at the beginning of May they said the earliest they can switch with leccy is 12 May and gas 21 May. I told them to match both switches hence 21st. Both smart meters are visible on my Octopus dashboard with their types and serial numbers so I assumed they can "see" them. And I guess if they could switch me on 12th then they could on 21st too. Maybe my logic is incorrect but I suppose I need to wait until Monday to clarify this with them.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I moved to the newly built house that has both electricity and gas smart meters. When I signed up with them at the beginning of May they said the earliest they can switch with leccy is 12 May and gas 21 May. I told them to match both switches hence 21st. Both smart meters are visible on my Octopus dashboard with their types and serial numbers so I assumed they can "see" them. And I guess if they could switch me on 12th then they could on 21st too. Maybe my logic is incorrect but I suppose I need to wait until Monday to clarify this with them.
Do you have a 5 dot status for a switch to Go tariff? If so, how many dots are you at?

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
146 Posts
I had all 5 dots done before switch. Now it looks like below.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well I can't fault Octopus. Called at 0930 this morning to claim my £90 (or at least a portion of it in lieu of the £25 joining bonus).

The guy at the end of the phone was unaware of the offer and put me on hold to confirm with his boss. When he came back, he asked me to confirm my order no and Reg for the ID3 for processing.

I logged onto my Octopus account 90 mins later to look at my electricity consumption and my balance had increased by £90.

Great service!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Slight tangent. I’ve had two statements of account since my smart meter went live, both for gas. Is there any way to see what electricity charges I’m racking up?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Slight tangent. I’ve had two statements of account since my smart meter went live, both for gas. Is there any way to see what electricity charges I’m racking up?
If they haven't acknowledged a new smart meter or a set up of its data collection yet then I assume not. They haven't removed my old meter from my account yet, so it's demanding a meter reading on my account.

·
Registered
417 Posts
That part of it seems fine. I can see all the 30 minute readings on my account page and they sent me a bill for all the usage on the old meter they removed, just nothing for the consumption on the new meter.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
512 Posts
That part of it seems fine. I can see all the 30 minute readings on my account page and they sent me a bill for all the usage on the old meter they removed, just nothing for the consumption on the new meter.
You can see the electricity consumption via the app, go to Electricity and Explore my energy use. But I haven’t found how to see the £££ associated with that usage.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, I can see that fine for both gas and electric. I just thought it was odd they are only billing me for the gas, weekly it looks like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im an existing octopus go customer and have just ordered an id3, ive just mailed octopus to see if i can still claim part of the offer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Had a reply to state i wasnt eligable as i had offer when i joined octopus unfortunatly.
Seems random, depending on who you speak to. I got £25 for joining without a referral then got the full £90 later.

Others have joined with a referral, got £50, then got an additional £40 with the offer to get them up to £90. Other like yourself have been told that computer says "no".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im an existing octopus go customer and have just ordered an id3, ive just mailed octopus to see if i can still claim part of the offer.
I got the VW £90.00 for my ID4 when I switched to Octopus earlier this year, we then bought the ID3 so I asked if we could also have the VW £90.00 for the ID3 and the answer was yes. It seems to depend on who you get on email. I would try again in a few days with a fresh email.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts