Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Interesting to see the details of the new electric Mini and especially the price of £24,000 after grant. It's a bigger car and a new design, I'm expecting the new longer range e-Up will need to be significantly cheaper given that it's a smaller car and basically a 7 year old design. I think from the signals they have already given it is going to be competitively priced especially for the SEAT and Skoda versions.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Official announcement just dropped. German price is €21975 before incentives (€17595 after).
At today's exchange rate, that's around £19750 before PICG & £16250 after.
Hope UK pricing is really that keen!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's probably not going to tempt me back from my Leaf but if that battery size had been available when I bought my e-Up! I might still have been running it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's probably not going to tempt me back from my Leaf but if that battery size had been available when I bought my e-Up! I might still have been running it.
I'm currently in a 66-plate ICE Up, and it's very tempting to get this!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
eHonda/eMini/eUp-v2 ..... the phrase "timing" comes to mind. All the same approx range + recharge speed ?
Is the Mini the bigger of the 3 inside ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do we know when it will be available? Is early 2020 start of production or available to order for delivery early 2020?
Is it another pre order option with a long wait?
The small print at the bottom of the press release mentions that VW Germany is taking lease orders from Sept 18th to Oct 31st. We can but hope VW UK will follow suit very soon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
At £16250 (if it is) does that make it the cheapest EV with this kind of range available? Having owned the previous version I can say it's a cracking little car and only really held back by the range previously.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At £16250 (if it is) does that make it the cheapest EV with this kind of range available? Having owned the previous version I can say it's a cracking little car and only really held back by the range previously.
The Skoda & SEAT versions may be a little cheaper still. I don't know if anything else is this kind of price though.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes, we were very happy with ours. Bought as a 'shopping trolley' but found to offer so much more that we did over half our annual mileage in it. Moved to a Leaf when we realised that with twice the range we could do an even bigger percentage. In the last 12 months I've only done 1300 miles by ICE (and 700 of them was whilst Leaf was off road) but 12,000 (should have been nearer 13,000 !) in the Leaf.

Reactions: Trapdoor

·
Registered
97 Posts
Article here says full unveiling at Frankfurt Motor show in the coming weeks.

You can already reserve via the dutch site.... lets hope the same for the UK. We'd love one of these (or the Citigo version) as our first EV.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Article here says full unveiling at Frankfurt Motor show in the coming weeks.

You can already reserve via the dutch site.... lets hope the same for the UK. We'd love one of these (or the Citigo version) as our first EV.
I'd love to know how Auto Express managed to turn €21,975 (£19,726.17 at time of posting this) into £23,000. UK prices have not been announced yet!

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,600 Posts
I'd love to know how Auto Express managed to turn €21,975 (£19,726.17 at time of posting this) into £23,000. UK prices have not been announced yet!
Looks like Autotrader has taken the before grant price and then added the 3500 UK grant on top to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts