Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whilst the above linked VIN checker is very helpful, I think that you might find that HW battery is neither Service Campaign or Recall Number as my 2015 GTE for which letter received only shows service Campaign 91U9 for W-Reprogram infotainment system as being outstanding.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm I have a 15 plate car and put the Vin in the checker - "is not affected by any campaign"

Are people still receiving letters ?
Mine wasn’t when I put my VIN number in but I received the letter with others on the same day out of the blue. I think the approach is a “controlled” one by VW to stop us all trying to book into the dealers at once.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I never received a letter !.
Just received a telephone call completely out of the blue from lady working for VW and based in call centre in Sheffield.
She said :- "Your car is subject the battery recall check and would I like to book the car in for the work to be done ?."
She then went on to say, that the nearest approved agent that was authorised to carry out this type of work was based in Stockport, Manchester !.
Given that this involved a 130 mile round trip to get the work done, I asked if we could I take it to my usual main dealer.
No, she said there was only about 8 - 10 dealers in the UK that could perform this type of rework, and Stockport VW was the closest !.
I am also of the opinion that a lot of the Golf's & UP's are subject to this check.
My car was over four years old when I received the phone call.
Surely, you could contact VW customer services and ask when is it likely that your car will be recalled.
My dealer said that they usually work through batches of VIN numbers and try to bring in a few customers cars into that dealership in the same time frame.
My car was the 11th car they had checked / reworked at that dealership.
The work was done in two days, no new battery cells required, both sides of the battery case was replaced.
They never offered to collect the car, but I just preferred to deliver & collect the car myself.
They gave me a GTE Passat while the work was carried out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had mine done the other day, they gave me a eGohilst olf whilst it was done.
I was initially a little worried ( range anxiety) about the eGolf, but it turned out to be fine !

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received the letter about a month ago and was all booked in at Vindis in Cambridge this week, to then receive a phone call from them to be told that they've too many GTE's coming in at the moment and have to schedule mine for February! So much for a Christmas visit into Cambridge.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts