Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ID3 on order my deal has been in touch and has advised that VW are offering a £3000 contribution towards in stock ID3 ( mostly all 1st editions)

Does this make the 1st edition a bit more appealing?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,378 Posts
£3000 sounds suspiciously like they're claiming PICG as their "deposit contribution". Make sure they aren't.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,111 Posts
£3000 sounds suspiciously like they're claiming PICG as their "deposit contribution". Make sure they aren't.
This. OP carefully look at the exact numbers that VW is offering. The car should be then £33500 (with paint). The finance will (usually) be used as a cover job of the extra £3k and you should look at the total finance figure, which depending on the interest will make the car closer to £36500. Obviously, you will now have the option to pay it off early, with cash or more reasonable loan.

I would say that I would have taken the ID.3 at the price of £33500.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's now on the online calculator. id3 offer

It's £3000 on 1st and £2500 on Life and Family. The interest rate has dropped slightly also. it's now 5.4% APR

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think the "Lease and Care" prices have drop also.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,033 Posts
Looks legit.

£38,880 is the ID.3 list price.

Take away the £3k VW contribution, the £3k PICG and the the £2.54k customer deposit and you have the finance price of £30.3k.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks legit.

£38,880 is the ID.3 list price.

Take away the £3k VW contribution, the £3k PICG and the the £2.54k customer deposit and you have the finance price of £30.3k.

View attachment 136867
You're right, my bad. Interestingly, if you go direct to the finance calculator, the PCP deal shows the list price including the PiCG. The payments come out the same either way.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,987 Posts
Still pricey though aren't they?!
The life at £27.5k doesn't seem too bad? Still has ACC/heated seats/steering wheel/mirrors from what I can see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its changed again - The £3000 1st ED offer is still there but £2500 Offer for Life/ Family /Style has disappeared . However on going into the finance calculator the £2500 deposit contributions is available for all series models including TECH MAX and TOUR. No mention in the T&Cs about delivery dates- Could this be another VW Website error?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,033 Posts
Its changed again - The £3000 1st ED offer is still there but £2500 Offer for Life/ Family /Style has disappeared . However on going into the finance calculator the £2500 deposit contributions is available for all series models including TECH MAX and TOUR. No mention in the T&Cs about delivery dates- Could this be another VW Website error?
I spoke to a VW dealer yesterday, the £3k contribution is real, as is the £2.5k one for some of the series models.

I actually had to convince them in the call, they originally brushed it off as ‘the £3k is the PICG Sir’, but they checked and confirmed it was genuine and they sounded very surprised VW were wading in with contributions.

My car should be ready next week... 😳

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds fantastic - I am seeing the dealer tomorrow so will investigate further. I have a Max on ordered (not got a delivery date yet) so willed to investigate the T&Cs carefully wrt to vehicle delivery. as I sure the offer only applied to stock cars. If this is the case I may be forced to go for something that falls within the offer criteria.

Will need to check what "Stock cars" actually means is it dealer stock or VW group stock? I think the only dealer stock cars available are 1st editions

·
Registered
750 Posts
The dealer deposit contribution is real folks. I doubled checked with the dealership yesterday.
Apparently its because Volkswagen AG wan't to push out as many EV's as possible quickly.
I read it as they are not selling as well as expected and if they don't shift them soon, they may get stung with EU group emission fines. :eek:

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,420 Posts
This confirms what I heard, that VW UK has a number of 1.ST Edition models to shift before the lower priced models arrive shortly.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We all know most if not all of the 1st were pre-built and stored in fields near the factory.

I am surmising that all the ordered 1st were delivered even all the cancelled ones. These are what we are seeing up for sale now and need to be sold before the series cars are on the forecourts.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,033 Posts
We all know most if not all of the 1st were pre-built and stored in fields near the factory.

I am surmising that all the ordered 1st were delivered even all the cancelled ones. These are what we are seeing up for sale now and need to be sold before the series cars are on the forecourts.
I‘ll let you know what the build date plate says on mine when I get it, but yes it’s likely that it‘s a cancelled pre-order, and as it’s RHD it was always coming to the UK.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts