Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ID4 1st Mangan Grey with heat pump
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should bombard VW requesting refund for all ID3 and ID4 buyers who paid £1250 for the heat pump option. (Now reduced to £1000)

They appear to be paying back 1250 Euros in Europe for the same reason. I have written to VW UK myself but so far along with all other complaints it has fallen on deaf ears.

Only good thing so far about having an EV it that I signed up to Octopus on the "Go Faster 5H 20:30" tariff and can now get my dishes washed for 5.5 p/kwH every night.

If anybody in the UK is looking for a good supplier and 5 Hours per day @ 5.5 p/kwH then please use my referal code and we both get £50

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (soon...)
128 Posts
Do you mean they are doing partial refunds of 250 Euros (to bring it down to the 1000 Euro new reduced cost), or full refunds (1250). I specifically asked our Skoda dealer about this before ordering our Enyaq, and he said about the 250 Euro refund to bring it down to 1000 Euro, but as our Enyaq had the option as £1000 we were already at the reduced rate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its gone down to £1000 in the UK, so if you payed the old price of £1250 get in touch with your dealer as I did a few weeks ago and got a £250 refund.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its gone down to £1000 in the UK, so if you payed the old price of £1250 get in touch with your dealer as I did a few weeks ago and got a £250 refund.
Great news. Would appreciate it if you could tell me the name of your dealer please. I would like some ammunition when I contact my dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great news. Would appreciate it if you could tell me the name of your dealer please. I would like some ammunition when I contact my dealer. Thanks.
I bought my ID4 from Corkills in Wigan, when I rang them they where great and it was in my bank in a few days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks. I bought mine at Lookers Preston. I have dropped them an email to my salesman. Just waiting for a response.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you mean they are doing partial refunds of 250 Euros (to bring it down to the 1000 Euro new reduced cost), or full refunds (1250). I specifically asked our Skoda dealer about this before ordering our Enyaq, and he said about the 250 Euro refund to bring it down to 1000 Euro, but as our Enyaq had the option as £1000 we were already at the reduced rate.
Sorry my wording looks like 1250 refund. I know that they only refunded the difference in Europe. It has now been confirmed that it is happening in the UK £250 as confirmed by "Did66" on this forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi
Not sure how it works with leasing. Might be worth asking.

Hope you are getting cheap charging rates and using a 7 kW home charger. I use the Ohme charger and tell it which tariff I am on. It then looks after itself with no issues.

I have found Octopus to be the best. I got £90 credit just for ordering a VW. which you may be entitled to. I was an existing cutomer and still got the £90.

If you or anybody decides to go with Octopus, I would appreciate it if you would use my referral code shown below.
Once you change we both get £50 credit.

share.octopus.energy/snow-tapir-987

I currently get 5 Hours per night at 5-5 p/kwh which is more than enough to charge if I do 150 miles per day and costs around £2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts