Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
vw id 3 tour pro s 82kwh
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im just wondering if anyone has this model vw id3 150kw 82kwh versiion
just curious to if anyone has this and what range in winter recently was you getting?
and what range predictions for summer thank you in advance

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
544 Posts
I don't think anyone in the UK has a Tour spec yet - it was the last of the specs to be made available to order, and from what I've read it will be March/April before any are delivered to the UK.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,909 Posts
oh thank you for clearing that up
Based on my experience doing multiple long journeys this last couple of months in a 58 kWh ID.3, I’ve experienced a worst case of 180-190 miles.

Using that as a basis, and assuming similar efficiency but knocking off a bit for the extra mass, you’ll be looking at an easy 230 miles, worst case.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are a couple of people on here with Tours on order, and a couple on the UK ID3 Owners Facebook group.

Mine is due in the next 6-8 weeks, think one of them on the Facebook group is a couple of weeks ahead of mine.

@Tooks range estimates seem fair. I've got a heat pump on mine so hoping that will mean less of a drop off in Winter. Remember it's a 77kWh useable battery, not 82kWh.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,909 Posts
There are a couple of people on here with Tours on order, and a couple on the UK ID3 Owners Facebook group.

Mine is due in the next 6-8 weeks, think one of them on the Facebook group is a couple of weeks ahead of mine.

@Tooks range estimates seem fair. I've got a heat pump on mine so hoping that will mean less of a drop off in Winter. Remember it's a 77kWh useable battery, not 82kWh.
Yeah, I’m achieving 180-190 in mine on a long run, with a pre-heated battery.

That’s about 3.2 miles per kWh, which the 77kWh useable Tour should get too on a run, so about 230-245 miles?

·
Premium Member
11,658 Posts
IMO the ID3 Tour was a stop gap until they could offer the ID4. The lack of fifth seat makes it clear to me that the ID3 was clearly never really intended to have the large battery. I wouldn't be surprised to see it dropped at some point.

Drivethedeal are offering the 77kWh ID4 1st Edition for £35,117 with no options. You need to take PCP (saves £750) but can obviously settle immediately. Seems a better option to me than the ID3 Tour - I suspect the 4 seats will impact used values.

(I am not in market, but the deal above shows I was wrong that VW wouldn't do discounts in Q1 BTW 😁)

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
292 Posts
Bear in mind the ID.4 is heavier, less aerodynamic and runs bigger wheel and tyre combos ( so more expensive), so loses out on range to the 3, by something like 16 miles WLTP. It’s not massively bigger inside and other than nicer trim doesn’t really offer much other than “ooh SUV!” In many ways it’s a less convincing package than the 3 IMHO.

That won’t stop it selling, but the 3’s selling point always was and remains “hatchback / Golf replacement”. Plenty of those still selling alongside SUVs.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
I've ordered a Tour myself, main reason being that here in Ireland one of the most important long journeys is to travel between the two big cities on the east and west coasts. Galway (my home) to Dublin is a straight route across the country of 200km. Motorway speeds here are also 120kmh (70mph+) which means the battery will drain fast. Seeing as the ID3 Tour has a claimed range of 540km I'm fascinated to know if (in the summer) I could drive to Dublin and back at 120kph without stopping. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
2,913 Posts
There must be some in other countries that has been sold before us. That is why I am surprised there has not been any videos of the Tour.

One of the regular reviewers had a preproduction model, so I don't think it was a good test of the car.

My dealer thinks 310 miles in winter but until we get the car I am not sure.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
182 Posts
Another Tour pre-order person, if it ever comes, here. I've still not seen anything written about it online. I got it with the expectation that in any conditions, it would do 200 miles, which is what I'm after.

ID3 vs ID4 IMHO is purely an SUV or compact debate. The ID4 comparatively is a great price, so much so that it feels like VW are selling features not batteries, which is a bit of a change in the market given up till now you basically paid for range first, features second. The ID4 is almost identical as a EV/tech platform inside and out. SUVs are a bit bigger, different stance, different ride. Compact cars are nearly always more efficient than SUVs, which is hence why the consumption figures are higher (and range lower) for the ID4 - it's heavier, and it's bigger!

The Tour will probably be a real outlier in terms of resale because of all the quirks, however on lease the price difference is not that great. I can't say though that the I3 being a 4 seater has done it much damage... and the dealer I went for a test drive at (but not buying at) said that the tours were flying off the shelves. The counterpoint is that the price difference between a Tour and a Max is so close that why wouldn't you get a Tour...

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
292 Posts
My dealer thinks 310 miles in winter but until we get the car I am not sure.
In the nicest possible way, not a chance - it's all the same battery tech, heating and control as the Pro, so maybe 60% of WLTP ; what's that? 240 miles?

The very "best" users of the Pros (long journeys, pre-charging/heating) are getting 180 to 190 (compared to 260 WLTP) when the temps in low single figures.

·
Registered
935 Posts
IMO the ID3 Tour was a stop gap until they could offer the ID4. The lack of fifth seat makes it clear to me that the ID3 was clearly never really intended to have the large battery. I wouldn't be surprised to see it dropped at some point.
If I was to buy an ID3 it would probably be the Tour, despite my ethical dilemma over having a battery that's bigger than I'd need most of the time. It's the closest to the spec I want. Not having a big glass roof is a plus point in my opinion, I don't mind no fifth seat and I don't have a pile of bikes/trailer. And since it should have so much range and techy toys I'd be looking at long term ownership, so less worried about future resale values.

I'm not a fan of SUVs, at all, although to be honest the pictures I've seen of the ID4 look alright. But I think it's probably still much bigger than I want my car to be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seeing as the ID3 Tour has a claimed range of 540km I'm fascinated to know if (in the summer) I could drive to Dublin and back at 120kph without stopping.
Range should be sufficient for this kind of use. Some YouTubers have already tested these cars and range should be 300 km in mild weather.

said that the tours were flying off the shelves.
Sounds odd considering the fact that Tour doesn't have the features of ID.4 and delivery times may be longer for a Tour. I guess that VW is concentrating on building ID.4s and delivery times for Tours remain long. Germans estimate a delivery time of 5 months with Tours. Did you ask about this?

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
199 Posts
The counterpoint is that the price difference between a Tour and a Max is so close that why wouldn't you get a Tour...
I think its all about your personal requirements. The price differential between each step up of the series models is small enough to max eyou challenge your self on going for the next model up in the range.

I limited my choice down to the TECH/MAX /TOUR and of course the TOUR for really appealing due to the extended range and include 19" Alloys however you do make the following compromises in going for the bigger battery:

4 seater instead of 5
Cannot fit load cycle carrier
No Panoramic Roof
No Sports Package

It was a close call for me but the bottom line was that I did not really need the extended range so the most important thing became the lifestyle choices and for me this was the cycle carrier and the panoramic roof.

I went for the MAX over the TECH as there was a few extravagant extra toys in the MAX that I stupidly couldn't resist (electrtic Massage seats, Active chassis control, and variable boot floor etc)

Its horses for courses at the end of the day.

·
Registered
Seat Ibiza- contemplating an ID.3
181 Posts
I've seen some impressive lease rates on the Tour- through the NHS car scheme my trust signs onto, it works out cheaper than the Max and about the same price as the Tech, if you add in the alloys.

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Range should be sufficient for this kind of use. Some YouTubers have already tested these cars and range should be 300 km in mild weather.
View attachment 140392

Sounds odd considering the fact that Tour doesn't have the features of ID.4 and delivery times may be longer for a Tour. I guess that VW is concentrating on building ID.4s and delivery times for Tours remain long. Germans estimate a delivery time of 5 months with Tours. Did you ask about this?
Hmmm but there and back on a single charge? 400km at 120kph. Don't think it's possible unfortunately...

·
Premium Member
11,658 Posts
The Tour will probably be a real outlier in terms of resale because of all the quirks, however on lease the price difference is not that great. I can't say though that the I3 being a 4 seater has done it much damage
I have never thought of the i3 as a family car, it also has a pathetic boot, stupid back doors and a bumpy ride. We know, we had one for a while and other than good performance neither me nor OH liked it. Clearly lots of owners do, but maybe they like the BMW badge ;) (As a second car, we actually far preferred the MB250e despite crappy charging and range)

Interesting comments on here that some prefer ID3 vs ID4 and be interesting to see how sales split between the models, especially once series models are available.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
182 Posts
View attachment 140392

Yes, my Tour order made at the back end of December is tentatively marked for Week 22, so there is clearly a logjam going on with them.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,978 Posts
I'm fascinated to know if (in the summer) I could drive to Dublin and back at 120kph without stopping. Any thoughts?
It would be very tight but it might be possible as long as it is 120kph and not pushing the limit. I averaged 70mph for a 90 mile trip on tuesday with an average of 2.7mi/kWh. Most of the time that was with the ACC at 75mph. I think I started the trip at 5/6°C and it dropped to 3°C by the end. That could easily climb by 0.5mi/kWh by the summer. Bjorn's summer range test in the 58kWh model would give a better idea.

I think that's more possible than M C Williams dealer suggesting he could get over 300 miles in the winter. It would be possible in theory but to average 4 mi/kWh over 300 miles in the winter would take some very careful driving. I certainly wouldn't be a motorway trip even at lorry speed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts