ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
486 Posts
Did you download the WeConnect ID app?
What software version is your car?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried on android and i phone but even the android come up with same dropped ice-cream on floor picture

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,838 Posts
To register the car on the App, you need to scan the barcode from the screen in the car, have you got to that bit?

You need a good 4G signal on the car, and also on the phone you’re trying to pair it with?

There’s no mileage to input like on the e-Golf, I found it straightforward provided you’ve got a good signal.

It’s not beyond the realms that the VW servers are down at the moment, that’s usually a cause of much angst.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi ive got 4g with 3 bars on it the global ball is white bright white not grey on the
so on the app get to log in thats all done
then put in united kingdom accept the jargon etc click next then get the oops an error has occurred with a dropped ice cream on the floor

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
You've definitely got the app for the ID.3, not the standard VW one? Something like "We Connect ID" ?

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
From memory, you start the WeConnectID App, click the + sign top right and enter the chassis number.

Then the App asks you for the QR code, and you go to the car and via the settings generate one via the App Connect Menu. Scan that and it should then connect and off you go?

At what point are you getting the dropped ice cream cone?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive gone to the |+on top right side put the vin number in and get this message
my volkswagen activation not completed shows the vin number than says under that active in green then says please reset your vehicle to factory settings to remove it fro the garage already done that on the screen in the car but still get this message
then it says almost complete activation so i press continue select residence uk and i agree to terms etcthen pass next then thats when a screen with oops an error occurred with the ice cream cone up side down

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Difficulty is, we all did this a while ago when we collected our cars so, as it worked first time didn't remember all the steps exactly. I just remember scanning a QR code on the infotainment screen at some point, and the whole thing was done in about 15 seconds.

It's something your dealer should have showed you when you collected. If I were you, I'd be asking them to video call you to talk you through each step as you do it. Hopefully you have another device in your household where you can take video calls though because, of course, your phone will need to be free to actually do the app connect bit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i even had a call from the vw customer centre and he couldn't get it to work ive tried 2 different phones and still that bloody ice cream at the end OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG yeah im thinking the dam wrong car LOL greeeeh

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i even had a call from the vw customer centre and he couldn't get it to work ive tried 2 different phones and still that bloody ice cream at the end OOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG yeah im thinking the dam wrong car LOL greeeeh
I wouldn’t panic, the app connection isn’t exactly a life and death feature to get working :) All it will give you the ability to do is see SOC from your phone, turn the climate control on remotely, and set departure times. You’ll have to take your car back to the dealer at some point soon for the 2.1 update (you’re allowed to book in for that as of now), when you do get them to figure out the app for you while you’re there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn’t panic, the app connection isn’t exactly a life and death feature to get working :) All it will give you the ability to do is see SOC from your phone, turn the climate control on remotely, and set departure times. You’ll have to take your car back to the dealer at some point soon for the 2.1 update (you’re allowed to book in for that as of now), when you do get them to figure out the app for you while you’re there.
I agree with you on the part that it ain't a life or death situation but this is why you pay premium to other cars. This is a feature that should 'just work' out the box. Jenny bought this car and expected simple functionality and a registration of her vehicle to a VW app so that she could control it for the features advertised.

I'm not an EV owner yet but I'm looking at an ID4 1st edition - this sort of thing puts me off as if you can't get the simple things sorted first or in a timely manner what chance do I have if the car throws a proper wobbler and needs to be put in the garage?

Perceptions and reputation is everything - especially when I am spending nearly 40k on a car.

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is a feature that should 'just work' out the box...
Perceptions and reputation is everything - especially when I am spending nearly 40k on a car...
I mean no disrespect but have you read nothing about the history of the Id3 software?
It’s been all over shop.
Most of us expect some nonsense everyday but the god king ME 2.1 will be our salvation.

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
I agree with you on the part that it ain't a life or death situation but this is why you pay premium to other cars. This is a feature that should 'just work' out the box. Jenny bought this car and expected simple functionality and a registration of her vehicle to a VW app so that she could control it for the features advertised.

I'm not an EV owner yet but I'm looking at an ID4 1st edition - this sort of thing puts me off as if you can't get the simple things sorted first or in a timely manner what chance do I have if the car throws a proper wobbler and needs to be put in the garage?

Perceptions and reputation is everything - especially when I am spending nearly 40k on a car.
Ok, take your point, but for most people it just works.

The VW dealer should be helping here, there will be a reason for it not working, but we don’t have a lot to go on here with what’s been posted.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,054 Posts
I had the same sort of thing with the Corsa. Have you tried removing the car from the app. Resetting head unit to factory. Then deleting the app and then reinstalling the app after rebooting phone?

Is there vw connect website which shows the car as well? Vauxhall has one which shows all the services signed up for when you login with the app login details.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

This is the first thread I’ve seen posted where someone hasn’t been able to get this to work. It seems like it did ‘just work’ for everyone other than the OP, including me. If you think paying a premium guarantees you a car where absolutely zero things ever go wrong for anyone ever, then you will have to pay a greater premium than buying a VW. I’m not even sure Rolls Royce can claim none of their cars have ever developed a fault. And with greatest respect to the OP, this may be user error.

What should have happened is that her VW salesperson should have set this up for her when she bought the car. That’s bad on them, but what’s done is done. I’m merely trying to reassure the OP that she’s not missing anything crucial in the meantime. She will likely be taking her car back to the dealer for the 2.1 update soon, and I’m sure her dealer will be able to get this working for her when she does.

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is the first thread I’ve seen posted where someone hasn’t been able to get this to work. It seems like it did ‘just work’ for everyone other than the OP, including me. If you think paying a premium guarantees you a car where absolutely zero things ever go wrong for anyone ever, then you will have to pay a greater premium than buying a VW. I’m not even sure Rolls Royce can claim none of their cars have ever developed a fault. And with greatest respect to the OP, this may be user error.

What should have happened is that her VW salesperson should have set this up for her when she bought the car. That’s bad on them, but what’s done is done. I’m merely trying to reassure the OP that she’s not missing anything crucial in the meantime. She will likely be taking her car back to the dealer for the 2.1 update soon, and I’m sure her dealer will be able to get this working for her when she does.
Sure I can understand no manufacturer, however premium’, can guarantee ’no things will ever go wrong’ with a car.
But the fact is VW launched a £30k+ bug ladened mess that has faults EVERY SINGLE DAY.
There’s no gilding that historical VW management cow pat.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts