Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right, I ordered a Family Trim ID3 but I can’t order the Assistance pack plus, all I can get is Infotainment pack plus (which is a HUD and 2 speaks in the rear for £2.2k).

The style trim (no longer available) allows you to add the Assistance pack plus (£960 upgrade) and the Life gives you this add on (for £2k). The only trim that does not allow this is the Family, which has the Assistance Pack as standard. I think it’s strange they will not allow you to upgrade to the plus!

Come on VW! Get your act together 😢

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told March, I ordered in September but the dealer said that’s just an estimate. He will be able to confirm a date as soon as it gets a build date 🤷🏽‍♂️ - whatever that means

I just got a CORSA as a run around for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found that very annoying as well. I can only think it gets you 'too close' to a Max configuration without paying the premium.... because I would have gone for a family and the assistance pack as well if I was given the choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your right, I tried to reach out to VW but they said to speak to the local dealer 🤦🏽‍♂️

I don’t mind paying for the features, even a little extra but not to have the ability to do so is crazy. Its like, here’s a great car and it can do all these things but you can’t have (even if you pay for it) unless you get the exact model we want you to get.

I know it’s not a Tesla, but they seem to have the right idea. They build the car with all the sensors and equipment to future proof the car, and if the customer wants a feature in the future, they can activate it (for a fee) without having to retro fit additional hardware. It’s also cheaper to manufacture this way too. It’s very smart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts