Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i picked the new car up id 3 tour pro then i had a accident in it,Its in the vw garage huddersfield for repairs,Insurnace company has agreed to all repairs but when the car went in with 39 miles on it its still 39mils on it today but when it went in 98% battery and 421 miles on it today the battery percentage is 90% and 380 range,Ive rang garage to ask if anyone is sat around in the car becuase it shouldn't be losing that much battery and range if not moved,The insurance company asked for a health check becuae we was concerned about the battery which the health check came back good they said,Im just wondering when we get it back if it still losses range and battery without been used how do we stand will it still be covered under the vw warranty, or do we need to get the garage to check battery a different way,They did tell me the outer cover under neath was damaged but no signs of battery been damaged

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
538 Posts
Battery state of charge % can vary by a few % when the car is stood still sometimes I'm guessing due to temperature changes or the BMS recalculating. It could have dropped by a little more if they've had to do any software updates or maybe been sat in the car with the heater or a/c running.

As far as I know the battery should still be covered under warranty so if there are any issues in the future VW should sort them out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi all i picked the new car up id 3 tour pro then i had a accident in it,Its in the vw garage huddersfield for repairs,Insurnace company has agreed to all repairs but when the car went in with 39 miles on it its still 39mils on it today but when it went in 98% battery and 421 miles on it today the battery percentage is 90% and 380 range,Ive rang garage to ask if anyone is sat around in the car becuase it shouldn't be losing that much battery and range if not moved,The insurance company asked for a health check becuae we was concerned about the battery which the health check came back good they said,Im just wondering when we get it back if it still losses range and battery without been used how do we stand will it still be covered under the vw warranty, or do we need to get the garage to check battery a different way,They did tell me the outer cover under neath was damaged but no signs of battery been damaged
we can only guess. Need to ask garage about state of car, they might have been running diagnostics that use battery power.

An accident repair at a vw dealership won’t affect warranty as they are vw approved.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It's a good thing that the battery percentage has dropped, it's best not to leave the battery fully charged for a long period as it degrades them. Don't worry about a bit of charge loss when a dealer has your car, they'll probably charge it up for you before you collect it if you ask.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It does mean they are doing something with the car - rather than it just sitting in the workshop waiting for something or other else to be done. So quite possibly a positive!

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,805 Posts
I think it's highly unlikely there's something wrong with the battery. ID.3s seem to weird things in the first few days/week of ownership, then settle down. My alarm went off on the first night but never did again.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You said it had 39 miles on, then 421, so it sounds like its done a load of miles....? Testing perhaps?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats right the car had 39 miles on it battery percentage was 98% range was 421 now the battery percentage is 90% range is 380

1 - 11 of 11 Posts