Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi does anyone have experience in this model car please,Hubby has got bored of the id 3 1st edition already??? range toys etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi does anyone have experience in this model car please,Hubby has got bored of the id 3 1st edition already??? range toys etc
I get mine tomorrow as I’ve come from a 1st Edition only because we rejected that one due to reliability,so I will be able to give a bit more information tomorrow if that helps.

why is he getting bored of it so quickly.??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I think when he bought ours didn’t really get about the battery size so like all men it’s about the size of the battery

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
181 Posts
We've got the Tour.

Range is excellent, we can easily get 300 miles on a good day even with a lot of motorway driving. You can realistically expect 200 miles even in very bad weather on the motorway.

The weight of the battery affects the handling and efficiency. It is less efficient than the 58kW by a small amount, and it is heavier to drive.

It has 4 seats instead of 5, however on a positive note the 2 back seats are 'proper' seats.

The boot has a variable floor, effectively a hidden compartment under the 'boot', along with the 'spare tools' compartment as well. This is excellent.

The HUD is excellent, especially for adaptive cruise control where it highlights cars in front. The 'all mod cons' driving automation is really good. Side detection is good. Drive assist is very good although not Tesla-level - but it self-drives between lights/roundabouts almost entirely. It works very well around here and we live in the countryside with double parked cars everywhere...! Reversing camera is excellent as is cross-traffic view.

The electric seats (and massage!!!) are excellent and very flexible. The matrix headlights are brilliant. It has wireless charging. It has nice alloys. It doesn't have the glass roof... But quite a lot of this is in the 1st edition?

To me the only reason to change up to it is for the range. The extra features are good, but after you've paid the price for the Tour, lost a seat and a glass roof, you'll feel like you DESERVE a few extra features!

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour, Stonewashed Blue
34 Posts
Have had my Tour Pro S for a couple of months now. And I'm really liking it - thankfully with no real problems. (Just very minor occasional software 'quirks' - running on the latest version 0792 - the main one being that the headlights setting resets to "driving on the right" whenever the car switches off, so it's necessary to go in and change it back to "on the left" before driving off at night.)

My main reason for going for the Tour was the 77kWh battery, and it's been about right for the way I use the car. That is, mostly local journeys of 20-40 miles a day, but with a couple of journeys a week to town and back (about 200 miles each time). I have a 7.2kW Pod Point home charging point, and am on Octopus Go tariff which gives cheap (5p/kWh) charging for 4 hours a night - allowing topping up of up to about 40% of the battery every night, generally up to the VW-recommended 80% maximum level, and adding about 100 miles range a night on average (120 in summer). My aim was to avoid range anxiety (being a first-time EV owner fresh from a Golf diesel) and to avoid public charging, unless going on longer journeys, because nearby reliable rapids are still a bit scarce round here. I reckon you could easily get over 300 miles range from a full battery at the moment on "A" roads, or over 250 mostly on motorways at 65-70mph.

You do feel the extra battery weight when going round twisty lanes, and there's a bit of extra choppiness on badly patched roads, but it feels nice and nippy on the straights and when getting away from lights around town (much more so than my old 2.0 TDI Golf).

The HUD was the real surprise for me. Didn't think I'd find it too useful, but I found a big benefit (being a bloke of a certain age who needs distance glasses for driving) is that it's easier to read the speed and navigation information in that, because it appears as if "at a distance" on the road in front. Easier and safer for me than constantly focusing back in on the binnacle display behind the steering wheel.

The travel assist is good for making long motorway journeys more relaxing, and for automatically stopping and starting when following the car in front in a crawling traffic jam. On motorways, I do still tend to just use the standard cruise control and steer myself most of the time though.

There are also the 2 extra rear speakers that the 1st doesn't have. But having played around with the "fader" to see what difference they make, I'm not convinced that it's a massive improvement to sound quality when sitting in the front. Possibly a bit more volume, and more "immersive" for music. Not bad, and very clear for vocals, but still not a patch on a proper upgraded hi-fi system with a sub-woofer (like the Dynaudio system I had in my old Golf).

Also, nice seats with the electrical adjustments and massage functions. Good for a bit of de-stressing when stuck in traffic jams or on longer journeys.

In all, I am really pleased with it. But to justify the cost I do think you'd want to be sure that you want the bigger battery, rather than the "toys", which you could get more of anyway with a smaller battery for the same money. Particularly as it doesn't qualify for the Government grant any more - which it still did (just!) when I got mine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too be honest i like our id 3 its edition its range is good for us but he likes the id 4 i dont like them at all the range is great on our id 3 its edition for what we need hes like i wont the id 4 but i dont like them at all hes took me round lots of garages showing me them but nothing convincing to me i just dont like the 4 suv

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have had my Tour Pro S for a couple of months now. And I'm really liking it - thankfully with no real problems. (Just very minor occasional software 'quirks' - running on the latest version 0792 - the main one being that the headlights setting resets to "driving on the right" whenever the car switches off, so it's necessary to go in and change it back to "on the left" before driving off at night.)

My main reason for going for the Tour was the 77kWh battery, and it's been about right for the way I use the car. That is, mostly local journeys of 20-40 miles a day, but with a couple of journeys a week to town and back (about 200 miles each time). I have a 7.2kW Pod Point home charging point, and am on Octopus Go tariff which gives cheap (5p/kWh) charging for 4 hours a night - allowing topping up of up to about 40% of the battery every night, generally up to the VW-recommended 80% maximum level, and adding about 100 miles range a night on average (120 in summer). My aim was to avoid range anxiety (being a first-time EV owner fresh from a Golf diesel) and to avoid public charging, unless going on longer journeys, because nearby reliable rapids are still a bit scarce round here. I reckon you could easily get over 300 miles range from a full battery at the moment on "A" roads, or over 250 mostly on motorways at 65-70mph.

You do feel the extra battery weight when going round twisty lanes, and there's a bit of extra choppiness on badly patched roads, but it feels nice and nippy on the straights and when getting away from lights around town (much more so than my old 2.0 TDI Golf).

The HUD was the real surprise for me. Didn't think I'd find it too useful, but I found a big benefit (being a bloke of a certain age who needs distance glasses for driving) is that it's easier to read the speed and navigation information in that, because it appears as if "at a distance" on the road in front. Easier and safer for me than constantly focusing back in on the binnacle display behind the steering wheel.

The travel assist is good for making long motorway journeys more relaxing, and for automatically stopping and starting when following the car in front in a crawling traffic jam. On motorways, I do still tend to just use the standard cruise control and steer myself most of the time though.

There are also the 2 extra rear speakers that the 1st doesn't have. But having played around with the "fader" to see what difference they make, I'm not convinced that it's a massive improvement to sound quality when sitting in the front. Possibly a bit more volume, and more "immersive" for music. Not bad, and very clear for vocals, but still not a patch on a proper upgraded hi-fi system with a sub-woofer (like the Dynaudio system I had in my old Golf).

Also, nice seats with the electrical adjustments and massage functions. Good for a bit of de-stressing when stuck in traffic jams or on longer journeys.

In all, I am really pleased with it. But to justify the cost I do think you'd want to be sure that you want the bigger battery, rather than the "toys", which you could get more of anyway with a smaller battery for the same money. Particularly as it doesn't qualify for the Government grant any more - which it still did (just!) when I got mine.
what is the HUD

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour, Stonewashed Blue
34 Posts
hes found this one but it says 5 seats and no mention of the HUD
The latest UK spec for the Tour is in this pricelist dated 3rd June - see page 11: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/...df/Brochures/id-3-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf

Probably worth double-checking any spec with the local supplier though, because VW are starting to change the model specs and have begun to supply a new 5 seat Tour version named "Tour 5" - but I thought that was only currently available on the continent (does anyone else here know?). I think that one has a cut down list of options compared to the standard "Tour", and maybe no HUD.

·
Registered
205 Posts
too be honest i like our id 3 its edition its range is good for us but he likes the id 4 i dont like them at all the range is great on our id 3 its edition for what we need hes like i wont the id 4 but i dont like them at all hes took me round lots of garages showing me them but nothing convincing to me i just dont like the 4 suv
We test drove an ID4 to go with my wife's ID3. Neither of us liked it so we've now got two ID3s. You are right. Your husband, no doubt very unusually, isn't!

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,733 Posts
What about a Tesla Model 3? Lots more gadgets and range.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well ordered the id 3 tour pro s 77kwh model just waiting on delivery got a good price for our 1st edition so happy just wonted to know anyone with the tour pro s model do you get floor mats and what charging lead should it come with and will there be any extras thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, having just got our Tour it comes with a type 2 charging lead,but sadly no mats and no granny charger either then you can always keep the 1st edition mats to swap over assuming thats your current ID3 you have got,

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi Dinger19 do you know if this boot liner will fit the tour pro i bought it for the id 3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts