Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
EGGY
955 Posts
Speculation obviously, but the big battery with mid-range equipment levels is looking like €50k ... ? And that car is probably over a year away (in the UK)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I noticed that the ID.3 has drum brakes on the rear. An interesting point for discussion @donald

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,071 Posts
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I noticed that the ID.3 has drum brakes on the rear. An interesting point for discussion @donald
Rear drums are a good solution, but the best brakes are the ones designed to be most easily serviced. I have had rear drums that have been a nightmare and discs that have been a breeze. But that is not the norm.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I think it also allows them to bring out a proforance version in a few years with disk breaks all round.
I hate to think what the will cost when the iD3 Max edition is expected to be around 50k euro's!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Found a leasing company offering the ID.3 for suspiciously low moneys:-

Personal lease = £319/mo on 1+47 12,000 miles inc.VAT!
I believe that since they want £539/mo for an i3 on the same terms, that the price is a "placeholder". Still, it would be nice if they held to it...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Found a leasing company offering the ID.3 for suspiciously low moneys:-

Personal lease = £319/mo on 1+47 12,000 miles inc.VAT!
I believe that since they want £539/mo for an i3 on the same terms, that the price is a "placeholder". Still, it would be nice if they held to it...
Do they expect the 4year old ID.3 to be worth £30k??!?! With 48k on the clock...:poop:

Just copied this from the bottom of their page:
THE VW ID.3 Long Range WE'RE USING:** Retail Price: £37,000 / Battery kWh: 82 / Mileage: 342 mi. / Cost to Fill: £11.48 / Cost Per Mile: £0.03

·
Registered
447 Posts
Smells like a direct £ conversion of the €40k "ID.3 1st" price.
So expect it to be slightly more as direct currency conversions are never right.... I think early estimate of it costing close to £40k may end up being true and £50k for a fully loaded Max edition. :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think drum brakes are preferable for a EV. This is a rear wheel drive car so on slowing down there is plenty of braking effect coming from the motor and little from the brakes. One of the issues with EVs is the little brake use and this can cause sticking and rusty brakes but drum brakes do not have these probs. My P Ion has drums on rear wheel drive.

341 - 360 of 364 Posts