Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Now I have looked at the back - and even on the Seat el Born photos - I wonder how the rear hatch works, as I cannot see where is the split in the rear light cluster to make it a neat opening hatch. For me the key feature is that it is a hatch back - if this is not the case then I'd be cancelling. The only split I can see is further along the rear light clusters and that would make the hatch port rather like a chicane. Not practicable in my view.
The hatch has cut outs to go round the rear lights:
Genève-2019-Seat-El-Born-DSC_7977.jpg

Genève-2019-Seat-El-Born-DSC_7976.jpg

You can just see the cut outs :
SeatElborn_Ginevra2019_Live_009.jpg

On the Seat photos I wonder where the drive controls are (P, R, N, D and the regen levels) nevermind the rear brake/parking brake. Though the current e-Golf auto brake position is not ideal as occasionally my passenger turns it off by accident! The Seat has very normal steering controls for audio, display but I could not see the ACC controls which I really like using on my e-Golf.
This is the best photo I have seen of it:
Bildergalerie-Seat-el-Born-2019-1200x800-75a7697a86103fbf.jpg

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
787 Posts
The two screens and 'gear' selector are very i3-esque.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok these pics are very retro and poor quality and the person in the pictures is more than retro, which further deteriorates the overall image. But you have to try to get rid of these details, though looking at the pictures this is not so easy.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to read these screens that stick up in strong light from the front.

The "old fashioned" idea of a hooded binacle round instruments was developed over time for good practical reasons

·
Registered
966 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to read these screens that stick up in strong light from the front.

The "old fashioned" idea of a hooded binacle round instruments was developed over time for good practical reasons
Auto brightness?

My mobile, tablet, laptop(?), my GTE's screen, all offer the option.

But, I'll concede the point that some do a very poor job.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 15.26.20.png

·
Registered
34 Posts
Isn't it just a pre-production interior?
I really hope so. This is meant to be a third stage in the lifecycle of their business, so has to be different to the Golf etc., but still quality you'd hope.
BMW i3 and Honda E have incredible modern dashboards, they can't just lump for light/dark grey.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's tricky. Too many "virtual" buttons make it less tactile and harder to control, but too many buttons looks very cluttered and is harder to change.

Personally, I think that personalisation of the User Interface (UI) would be the radical way to go. Why not have a whole set of controls able to be assigned by each user as per their needs. Or even have a learning mode when the most used controls are assigned to the most appropriate controls as you use them. Clearly there is a lot more thought to this than meets my (unassuming) eye.

21 - 40 of 351 Posts
About this Discussion
350 Replies
70 Participants
WonkoTheSaneUK
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing