Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Another triumph of form over function in my opinion.

I would find it easier to learn an unfamiliar control layout than to personalise some clever interface to my 'preferences'.

We dodos must stick together!

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Watched it all, unfortunately don't speak much German! The tester was pretty tall, he looks around 6'4", and could sit in the back behind his own driving seat position quite comfortably. Not 100% sure about bi-colour interior or light coloured steering wheel yet. Boot/hatch looked a decent size. I actually like the wheels, though maybe not to everyones taste. Scrolling rear indicators! (y)

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are a few things that are killing it for me at the moment:

• Bonnet hump... might not look too bad if it’s black along with the A pillars and roof, with the rest a contrasting colour?
  • Light coloured steering wheel (this is a deal breaker)
  • Bi-colour seats (these I may grow to accept as I currently have beige leather anyway)
  • Boot, going to struggle with suitcases for 4 people (this was always going to be a possibility)
As it stands it looks like I will probably cancel my 1st Edition and either go foe a Max trim level or a Model 3.

Frankfurt is going to be a long wait!

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
This new promo ad on YouTube shows choosing your own ambient lighting colour...one for my kids I think.

Oh and the voice control will be “hello i.d.”

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This new promo ad on YouTube shows choosing your own ambient lighting colour...one for my kids I think.

Oh and the voice control will be “hello i.d.”
Oh no! It's going to join in conversations too. I hope you can switch THAT off!

·
Graphite Grey would be my pick
27 Posts
Great.
Finally seen the boot, rather than the Seat El Born. Definitely 100 Per cent getting it. Very close to my Plugin Prius.
Wish I spoke German though. Hopefully, if they have got hold of it, Maybe Fully Charged or ever so slightly biased Teslabjorn might get to preview or even subtitles on original video

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did anyone catch the hatch capacity and the dimensions? I wonder how the width of the rear loading works so well with the harrows of the rear light clusters. Especially comparing to the e-Golf.

It did give me the appreciation that the front bonnet is quite short - I had not quite got it before.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did anyone catch the hatch capacity and the dimensions? I wonder how the width of the rear loading works so well with the harrows of the rear light clusters. Especially comparing to the e-Golf.

It did give me the appreciation that the front bonnet is quite short - I had not quite got it before.
IIRC, he said "392 litres, maybe 393".

EDIT: See from 4m47s onwards, with closed captions on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's looking good on the efficiency numbers at least, better than Niro and model 3, probably on par with Kona according to the video's WLTP data ,which can't be bad.
The biggest battery pack could be a genuine 350 mile car in the summer months, no need for any more for this class of car IMO (y)

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Volkswagen expected ID.3 will not be presented until next September , while the first units will be delivered to their owners in April 2020. However, Volkswagen and carries a time immersed in an intense campaign to promote the new model, as evidenced by the numerous advertisements that we see on billboards and in television ID.3.

As part of this campaign, Volkswagen has enabled the average German "auto motor und sport" have a first contact with the vehicle, which is analyzed quite extensively even though neither the exterior design and the interior can be completely disclosed (body is covered by vinyl, while the dashboard is hidden under sheaths).

Initially, the Volkswagen ID.3 will measure 4.10 meters long, so it will be located very close to the Peugeot e-208 (4.05 meters), Opel Corsa-e (4.06 meters) and Renault ZOE (4.08 meters), all utility segment B. However, the brand says that the interior of the ID.3 be higher than that of a compact through the use of the MEB modular platform.

In the video we can see that the journalist, who is more than 1.90 meters high, has plenty of room in the front seats, while in the rear the legroom is pretty good for a model of size , if While the knees are too high and tall a person will go something just for ceiling height. The trunk meanwhile has two floors and is around 390 liters, thus higher than a Golf even though the engine is located in the rear position.

According to the tester, the tested unit (First Edition), with the intermediate 58 kWh battery capacity, it is associated with an engine of 204 hp (150 kW). Said motor is a synchronous permanent magnet , which together with the powerful braking ID.3 adjustable regenerative allows high efficiency (45 kWh variant homologous consumption 13.6 kWh Worldwide harmonised Light vehicles Test Procedures of 100 km, the 58 kWh 13 8 kWh and 77 kWh 14 kWh).

Analyzing the MEB platform, striking the rear brakes are drum (finned). However, what is really interesting is the modular approach of the batteries. Regarding the load power, we find that the version of 45 kWh can load 7.2 kW AC, while the upper variants may reach 11 kW three - phase. As the load current (CCS format Combo 2), the 45 kWh stays at 100 kW, while 77 kWh reaches 125 kW.

During the test road, while highlighting the acceleration of the car ( makes 0 to 100 km / h in less than 8 seconds , also has a top speed of 160 km / h), it is stressed that the engine noise it is very low even as an electric car, something due to its position on the rear axle. Apparently the ride comfort is good, although still need to make some adjustments to the suspension before its market launch."

41 - 60 of 351 Posts
About this Discussion
350 Replies
70 Participants
WonkoTheSaneUK
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing