Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my first EV (VW ID4) back in August 2021. Via VW Fleet services (Company car). I was originally given a provisional delivery date of March 2022. Today VW Fleet advised that the date has been moved back to 30th June 2022. Again this is a provisional date.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
11,027 Posts
Ordered my first EV (VW ID4) back in August 2021. Via VW Fleet services (Company car). I was originally given a provisional delivery date of March 2022. Today VW Fleet advised that the date has been moved back to 30th June 2022. Again this is a provisional date.
That's poor, but they have you over a barrel in terms of the general shortage. Which excuse are they using, BREXIT or Chips? :rolleyes: :devilish:

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
724 Posts
I have an ID3 Tour Pro S ordered via a leasing company back in August of last year. After much pestering, I got a "Production week scheduled VW code 10" date yesterday of week 24 - that's week commencing 13th June! Delivery was supposed to be February/March. With "build" taking something like 15 weeks for Tour and Max models and delivery to dealer another 6 weeks (we have a spreadsheet of lots of orders on the ID3 Forum so we can compare), I don't expect to see it now before week 45 or 7th November. Lower spec ID3's are being delivered quicker than higher spec models so the same may be true of the ID4. I would pester your fleet company to ascertain the "production week scheduled VW code 10" or "production week confirmed VW code 20" information so you can plan accordingly as you may be in for a much longer wait than you think. I am extending my existing lease by 6 months now to October.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ouch... I ordered start of August 2021 with an estimated December 2021 delivery. Now looking at late February 2022. I'm guessing that will move further though...

Reactions: CFS1962

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80
350 Posts
Yup its a big problem across the VW group and other marques. When we ordered our Enyaq in July '21 we were given a date of Nov '21 for delivery which was a few weeks longer than they would usually do. At that time it was down to the chip shortage crisis and was meant to be getting better. Since we got ours (fortunately in Nov '21 so cant complain at all), we've seen the estimate waits go from 17 weeks to 30 weeks to 45 weeks to now getting to-be owners saying they've been told 52-54 now! Lots of people are in for a long wait.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a really frustrating situation for everybody waiting :( The update I managed to get about my order today (placed 4 August 2021) from Tusker (who called the dealer whilst I was on hold) was that apparently the car i have ordered is 'part built' and waiting on the next batch of semi-conductors. Not sure whether anybody else has had such a status update?

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
724 Posts
It's a really frustrating situation for everybody waiting :( The update I managed to get about my order today (placed 4 August 2021) from Tusker (who called the dealer whilst I was on hold) was that apparently the car i have ordered is 'part built' and waiting on the next batch of semi-conductors. Not sure whether anybody else has had such a status update?
I ordered about two weeks after you and I have been told my "build" (whatever that actually means) won't start until 13th June! All the IDs, Cupra Born etc are built on the same line. Hopefully you haven't been fed a load of dealer B.S. and I sincerely hope your vehicle turns up soon!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have an ID4 pure 52kw ordered end Sept and was given Feb/Mar as expected delivery date. I had an update about 4 weeks ago and they said they were expecting it in the next few weeks so delivery should be as originally stated.

I will progress it again next week to see if delivery has slipped or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
for those that can't wait: the first batch of VW dealer demonstrators are starting to come on sale. We managed to get one rather than wait, however, be prepared to pay a lot. The VW id4 1st edition (77Kw battery, heat pump, 20" wheels) would have been around £38500 retail after the plugin grant (which was available in 2021) and we paid 43000 for the cheapest one in the UK with 6k miles. You may find a better price for different colour/options but they're not haggling on price.

The VW dealer had nearly all second hand cars in the showroom section. They rarely see new from factory cars at the moment.

·
EGGY
1,726 Posts
My mate ordered a Q4 in October 21, April 22 delivery he's now been told December 22. It's a thing for sure

Reactions: Rbrian and CFS1962

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered about two weeks after you and I have been told my "build" (whatever that actually means) won't start until 13th June! All the IDs, Cupra Born etc are built on the same line. Hopefully you haven't been fed a load of dealer B.S. and I sincerely hope your vehicle turns up soon!
Well today I discovered my delivery has slipped a further month, now to mid-March. If nothing else, it'll be a 22-reg - assuming it happens in March!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had an answer back from my dealer today regarding our order for an ID4 pure 52kw ordered end Sept 2021 he had earlier stated build week 50 with a Feb/Mar handover to me.

This was his response to me earlier today.

"I have had a look at the build status and the car is showing confirmed as build week 50 last year, this suggests that the car has been built but is just waiting for a part of some sort.

The car could start moving at any time so I would be extremely surprised if we are unable to meet a March handover although this of course could still be the case.

I will move you forward 2 weeks in my diary and update you then, hopefully with some more positive information."

So hopefully as long as the part is available we should still see the car by End March latest I am also assuming it should come with the firmware update improvements already installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had an answer back from my dealer today regarding our order for an ID4 pure 52kw ordered end Sept 2021 he had earlier stated build week 50 with a Feb/Mar handover to me.

This was his response to me earlier today.

"I have had a look at the build status and the car is showing confirmed as build week 50 last year, this suggests that the car has been built but is just waiting for a part of some sort.

The car could start moving at any time so I would be extremely surprised if we are unable to meet a March handover although this of course could still be the case.

I will move you forward 2 weeks in my diary and update you then, hopefully with some more positive information."

So hopefully as long as the part is available we should still see the car by End March latest I am also assuming it should come with the firmware update improvements already installed.
Excellent news for you. I placed my order in Aug 2021 for the 77Kw Pro Family spec, so very frustrated I've been pushed back from March to 30th June 2022.

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
776 Posts
If anyone is looking for a 52 kWh Pure model ID.4, the dealer who sold me my 1st Ed. last year just emailed me saying they've had two cancelled orders on already-built cars, for delivery in the Feb-Mar timeframe:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just throwing in my current details regarding an ID4 52kWh Pure order placed first week of October 2021. Was initially given an estimated delivery date of March 22 but received information that things were moving faster early December, with a revised delivery date of middle January. Chased the dealer today and nothing has changed on the system, he has stated hundreds of cars are in sitting on the same status of not moving to their build date.

In terms of any new estimated delivery date, my dealer seems to be completely in the dark about it so can't even say March 22 is expected or not now!

Crazy times on the new car lines, especially with EVs 😢

·
Registered
72 Posts
Called Inchscape today who told me our car, ID4 52kWh Pure ordered Nov 2021 has progressed to 'built' so he hopes to have it next month and somewhat before their original May 2022 expected delivery date. I will believe it when I see it but it seems things are all over the place.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts