Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
After not getting anything much from Tusker or the dealer, I opted to phone VW customer services today who looked up my order number and told me that my car has been released from the factory today. Shortly followed by an email from the dealer saying the car is now complete. Now the next question is how long it will take to get here. Progress at least!
Mine was sat awaiting customs release for just over a week, then about 2 more waiting for a ship, but once on it was at the dealers in less than a week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine was sat awaiting customs release for just over a week, then about 2 more waiting for a ship, but once on it was at the dealers in less than a week.
Mine is at stage 38 (released at port, or whatever the definition is!) and hopefully will be making its way over on a ship soon. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has now arrived in the UK and is with the dealer. Due to be delivered to me next Thursday. Hopefully that is the end of the long journey - and for those still waiting, I hope you get some positive news soon too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has now arrived in the UK and is with the dealer. Due to be delivered to me next Thursday. Hopefully that is the end of the long journey - and for those still waiting, I hope you get some positive news soon too!
The car was delivered today. Finally, the wait is over!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone been told what the current waiting time for an ID4 is? Even very roughly??

We’ve got an eGolf that’s due back in Nov 22, I’ve already agreed a 6 month extension with VWFS and they’ll extend it indefinitely if we have an order for a VAG group car in place. I think it’ll be an ID4 as a replacement, we were looking at an Enyaq 60 but those have been paused, so considering an ID4 Life Pure Performance instead.

just trying to do some planning along the lines of: warranty for the eGolf, etc etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone been told what the current waiting time for an ID4 is? Even very roughly??

We’ve got an eGolf that’s due back in Nov 22, I’ve already agreed a 6 month extension with VWFS and they’ll extend it indefinitely if we have an order for a VAG group car in place. I think it’ll be an ID4 as a replacement, we were looking at an Enyaq 60 but those have been paused, so considering an ID4 Life Pure Performance instead.

just trying to do some planning along the lines of: warranty for the eGolf, etc etc
I was told in February that new orders are looking at 52 weeks.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

I’ve heard new orders are being quoted at 60 weeks.

But then I was told mine would take 24 weeks, that was a year ago and no iD4 as yet and still no clue when it might be delivered.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I ordered an ID4 in March and have been given an expected delivery date of early November… won’t be holding my breath!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks all!

Just placed an order, sales guy said ‘about a year’ (ish). Not going to hold my breath, but I’m looking forward to getting hold of it.

Edited to add: 2 different dealers mentioned there’s a circa 2% price rise coming in early June, fairly sure it wasn’t a negotiating tactic on their part……even managed to get just under £1000 knocked off (more than I thought)

·
Registered
99 Posts
That’ll be the 3rd price rise since I placed my order and I got £5k off list. BMW have started cancelling old orders a previous price points I’m very nervous that VW will do the same…
We talked about this with the sales guy actually, he mentioned BMW had done this……you’d not be happy would you!! Probably never buy a BMW again!

I did wonder if the decision to ‘cancel’ the Enyaq 60 in the UK was in part an effort to protect VW and Audi orders, but that might be wishful thinking!

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
We talked about this with the sales guy actually, he mentioned BMW had done this……you’d not be happy would you!! Probably never buy a BMW again!

I did wonder if the decision to ‘cancel’ the Enyaq 60 in the UK was in part an effort to protect VW and Audi orders, but that might be wishful thinking!
It’s only orders that are cancelled, they are obviously still producing them, in fact Skoda are building more Enyaq each month than VW are ID.4, although with the new Emden factory starting up that might change.

Taking an order for a car more than 12 months out, with all the unknowns around supply and pricing seems like a recipe for disappointment.

I also feel that wait times for us over in the UK have got to be impacted by the RHD requirement, there’s only ever a finite amount of those in production planning, LHD builds and stock can be sent anywhere.

Does anybody know the wait times in Europe for LHD vehicles?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a ID3 4th October 2021, the estimated delivery kept getting pushed back, I cancelled the order 15th March 2022 they said the delivery estimate was March 2023..... Starting to see the same on my Mokka order as well. May delivery is now August etc

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I ordered a ID3 4th October 2021, the estimated delivery kept getting pushed back, I cancelled the order 15th March 2022 they said the delivery estimate was March 2023..... Starting to see the same on my Mokka order as well. May delivery is now August etc
The dealer won't even venture a guess as to when my order might be delivered. I've seen similar "in stock" models, in the same spec as mine, with a few k miles on the clock, advertised for £15k more than I'm paying. BMW have been cancelling old orders I'd be very upset indeed if VW did that to me!

You should have kept your iD3 order when you ordered the Mokka. You could have sold it for a profit!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dealer won't even venture a guess as to when my order might be delivered. I've seen similar "in stock" models, in the same spec as mine, with a few k miles on the clock, advertised for £15k more than I'm paying. BMW have been cancelling old orders I'd be very upset indeed if VW did that to me!

You should have kept your iD3 order when you ordered the Mokka. You could have sold it for a profit!
Yeah I deeply regret cancelling it. But my local Vauxhall dealer said 9 - 13 weeks to get a Mokka so I cancelled the ID3. But yes the same ID3 I was going to pay £28000 is now a snip under £37000 for the same car. In fact my local VW has a used one with 5000 miles on the clock exact same spec and colour that I ordered for £36000 exactly.

261 - 280 of 317 Posts