Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
281 - 300 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
Cupra Born
666 Posts
Latest drivel from VW -

Volkswagen are still working hard to get through the backlog in their order bank as quickly as they can. We have received
the below notification from VW that production has resumed on the ID range.
They aren't fully up to production capacity as the restriction of wiring looms and semiconductor chips is still a challenge for
them.
Production of ID.3 and ID.4 vehicles has restarted, and slowly we're seeing weekly increases in the number of cars built.
This reflects the gradual improvement in the supply of wiring harnesses for these models.
Volkswagen UK will continue to work closely with factory colleagues to prioritise production of the oldest orders, and
continue to provide updates with the latest information.
At present we are currently expecting the vehicle to be with us for the end of the year.

If they stopped production of ID3 and 4s why have folk been getting them delivered over the last month or so eh, and the prioritisation of oldest orders, what a joke. We're looking elsewhere now, VW are losing us as customers completely. If they were honest about things fine, but clearly they're not.

Might swap the wifes order for a Polestar.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Latest drivel from VW -

Volkswagen are still working hard to get through the backlog in their order bank as quickly as they can. We have received
the below notification from VW that production has resumed on the ID range.
They aren't fully up to production capacity as the restriction of wiring looms and semiconductor chips is still a challenge for
them.
Production of ID.3 and ID.4 vehicles has restarted, and slowly we're seeing weekly increases in the number of cars built.
This reflects the gradual improvement in the supply of wiring harnesses for these models.
Volkswagen UK will continue to work closely with factory colleagues to prioritise production of the oldest orders, and
continue to provide updates with the latest information.
At present we are currently expecting the vehicle to be with us for the end of the year.

If they stopped production of ID3 and 4s why have folk been getting them delivered over the last month or so eh, and the prioritisation of oldest orders, what a joke. We're looking elsewhere now, VW are losing us as customers completely. If they were honest about things fine, but clearly they're not.

Might swap the wifes order for a Polestar.
I agree VW's communication has been a shitshow. It is well known that customers can take bad news, they just cannot accept little or no communication. How can an organisation as large as VW not have a someone competent leading their customer communications?

However, if you ditch your VW order now you have to join the back of the queue somewhere else.

There was a guy on here the other day who'd cancelled his iD3 order for a Mokka. However the delivery date for the Mokka has been pushed back several times...

·
Registered
Cupra Born
666 Posts
I agree we'll be at the back of the queue, but are we even in the queue with VW, given what has been seen with folk with identical cars receiving them before.

I'll put my dummy back in. 🤣

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
724 Posts
I agree we'll be at the back of the queue, but are we even in the queue with VW, given what has been seen with folk with identical cars receiving them before.

I'll put my dummy back in. 🤣
I ditched my ID3 Tour order at the beginning of March when people started receiving ID3 orders made 4 months after my own. At that point I had been waiting just over 8 months with virtually no information and none forthcoming. Q4 2022 delivery had been hinted at, delayed from Q1 but, that wasn't likely given the Ukraine war and wiring harness news. I picked up an in stock/in the UK/acceptable compromise specification EV6 and it was delivered first week in April. With hindsight I am very happy with my decision and glad I decided not to join another queue for the "perfect" spec/colour/options.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
I agree VW's communication has been a shitshow. It is well known that customers can take bad news, they just cannot accept little or no communication. How can an organisation as large as VW not have a someone competent leading their customer communications?

However, if you ditch your VW order now you have to join the back of the queue somewhere else.

There was a guy on here the other day who'd cancelled his iD3 order for a Mokka. However the delivery date for the Mokka has been pushed back several times...
I think what we forget sometimes is that our contract/order is with the supplying dealer or lease company.

VW (as in the factory) rarely communicate directly with customers about their order, aside from the general press releases like the one earlier.

Dealers are a filter, they’re probably terrified of losing an order, so I personally have never relied on them to be telling me the unfiltered truth or be realistic about when an order is due to be delivered.

I don’t know what the crack is with the big lease companies, or what commercial arrangements they have with VW themselves (if any) that are at a discount.

I don’t think it’s as simple with any factory order that they all get built in the strict order that they came in, some of the big VW dealers used to purchase build slots before they had customers as an example.

Times have changed, but parts supply does seem to be improving slowly, if not the lead times yet.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
I picked up an in stock/in the UK/acceptable compromise specification EV6 and it was delivered first week in April.
In fairness I did the same with the ID.4 GTX, if people are flexible around colour and specification there’s usually something coming through the system without a name on it, but it’s harder to do with a lease car as they’re buying it and not you.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Just had an update on my order: scheduled (not confirmed) manufacture, week 35 2022.

Originally it was scheduled for manufacture week 48 2021, this was put back to week 6 2022, now it is going to be another few months at least...

·
Registered
Cupra Born
666 Posts
Just had an update on my order: scheduled (not confirmed) manufacture, week 35 2022.

Originally it was scheduled for manufacture week 48 2021, this was put back to week 6 2022, now it is going to be another few months at least...
When did you originally order? Think it was before me wasn't it (Aug 21).

281 - 300 of 317 Posts