Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous. I ordered mine in late July 2021 and it was delivered in early Jan.
It seems that ordering the “Max” is what has delayed things for me. Apparently they can make more “Life” models for the same number of microchips so are prioritising units out the door. :’-(

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I’m still expecting ‘summer 2023’ but we’ll see!
When I placed my order I was told to expect it "before xmas 2021". That didn't happen and the build week was pushed back to "week 6 2022". That didn't happen either and the current status is "unconfirmed build date: week 35 2022".

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 RWD 2022, ID4 Pure 52
90 Posts
We received our lease today, a pure 52kwh, think it was from a pre-ordered batch since we couldn't choose any options / or even colour. Seems good, has 3.0 so we get a SOC percentage on the driver display. The black plastic wheel covers are even quite nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
We received our lease today, a pure 52kwh, think it was from a pre-ordered batch since we couldn't choose any options / or even colour. Seems good, has 3.0 so we get a SOC percentage on the driver display. The black plastic wheel covers are even quite nice.
I think my problem is that I ordered a "Max"...

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
Interesting to see the situation hasn't improved for VW...
Based on what?

Obtaining any EV via a lease company is currently problematic, all kinds of manufacturers are prioritising private customers over the fleet deals.

The business my wife works for, anybody ordering a company lease is being told ‘sometime, maybe, perhaps’ with regard delivery dates, and they aren’t confirming the lease prices either until much nearer any delivery.

The VW factories are making cars, an enquiry as a private buyer with any large dealer should have you looking at a list of cars just coming off the line or available awaiting shipping to the UK.

Not many, but if you’re flexible around colour and no unique configs, then you could get one quickly I think.

Factory orders to a bespoke spec, likely a different story.

The problem is demand keeps going up, not helped by current fuel prices, even Tesla’s are a 9 month wait now, and they’ve been impacted by supply issues less than most.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
Just been told my order has be moved back from 3rd November expected delivery to 22nd December expected delivery. Guess it is likely to be 2023 before I see this car.
How are they giving you such precise delivery dates when it hasn’t even been built yet?

Is it a company or private purchase?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
How are they giving you such precise delivery dates when it hasn’t even been built yet?

My assumption is the dealer is taking the build week, adding a few weeks for shipping, prep, etc., and making up a delivery date based on that.

The only info the dealer will have is Status and Week (eg "unconfirmed build week 38").

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
My assumption is the dealer is taking the build week, adding a few weeks for shipping, prep, etc., and making up a delivery date based on that.

The only info the dealer will have is Status and Week (eg "unconfirmed build week 38").
The dealers have a bit more information than we do, thats why VW Customer Services always direct you to the dealer for updates.

I’d have thought the crocodile to focussed and communicative on would be the confirmed build date?

·
Registered
36 Posts

Estimated… I should have said. Works lease company, to be fair they are normally pretty close with their dates, or a least the final date they give. But expected a delay and still expecting another.

301 - 317 of 317 Posts