Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a new VW in mid February. Got an order number from the dealer a few days later, and put that into the app to track it. App immediately showed the order as stage 2 "with the factory". I signed up for email notifications in the app, then thought nothing of it.. until today. Got an automated email from VW saying that the status of my order has been updated and my order now is "with the factory". So my order status has updated to the same as it was before...? App agrees that it is still at stage 2 as well.

From what I've read here, the VW order tracking is a bit of a gimmick at best and a massive stress inducer at worst, but is it normal for it to send out update emails when the status seemingly hasn't changed?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Based on my experience, the order tracking information is as little use in terms of reliability than the "we (don't) connect" app which is pathetically unreliable.
If you can find a supplier of working crystal balls, consider purchase of one, it will probably be more use than VW information.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, didn't have high expectations from the order tracking, but also wasn't expecting the false hope of spurious status update messages. Got a magic 8 ball somewhere, might dust that off and disable the VW notifications.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a notification that my order status has updated, and it is now stage 2 "with the factory"!
...still...
....?

Let it be known that this order tracking is bobbins...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got three identical ‘with factory’ emails in a day, a couple of weeks ago. Nothing since but build week is fast approaching (week 11) so I’m staying positive

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone had any update on their delivery in the light of world events? Of course our well being is primary concern but there may be people who need their new cars because existing cars have been/are being returned at the end of finance agreements. Rest assured, this isn't a question/comment to incite or provoke unnecessary nastiness - it's purely a look at the impact on the automotive and logistics industry.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone had any update on their delivery in the light of world events? Of course our well being is primary concern but there may be people who need their new cars because existing cars have been/are being returned at the end of finance agreements. Rest assured, this isn't a question/comment to incite or provoke unnecessary nastiness - it's purely a look at the impact on the automotive and logistics industry.
I had a chat to my sales guy at the dealership over the weekend and the provisional build week is still on target for the originally quoted lead time. No idea if that is actually still valid though, I don't know how often the order gets looked at by the factory or how often they update provisional build weeks...

·
Registered
208 Posts
My contact at West London VW said he expects normal delivery, but that was last weekend. Things have changed massively since yesterday, all of my work has gone up in smoke so im now worried I won’t take delivery even if it’s ready.

strange times! And about to get stranger I reckon

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Disappointing, but not surprising. Thankfully my current car isn't in dire need of replacement so a delay isn't too big an issue for me (but I may change my mind if it breaks down again). Important thing is that they all staying safe out there, I can wait for my shiny new bit of luxury.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off down The Winchester to wait for all this to blow over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts