Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
281 - 300 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree 2.5% apr is not to be dismissed, but those low apr's seemed to dry up early last autumn when demand soared.
Agreed. That plus I think the government grant was only on new electrics as well? That dropped pretty soon after I ordered as well, further hindering my choice. All being said I’m still looking forward to the Leaf and desperately hoping my order doesn’t slip from the 10th June estimate!

·
Premium Member
6,703 Posts
Apparently I have an estimated date of 30th April but still on back order…..unbelievable, off to go ask them what’s going on and drop in the MG garage on the way to look at the new zs…
Might be a wakeup call for them if you casually mention you are going to view an MG.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I decided not to waste my diesel driving across to Nissan, sent them a snotty email saying I’ll be thinking about cancelling if it’s not here by June as my car tax and insurance due then…. They are going to see if they can cover car tax (only£20) and told me how frustrated they are too! I get that, but my sales person must be the worst ever communicator, I suspect I’ll get a call from the sales manager this week (who is great and is actually the one who sold me the car!)

·
Registered
2021 BMW iX3 Premier Pro / Nissan Leaf 2021 e+tekna (ordered)
659 Posts
The leaf is coming from salary sacrifice for the wife, and the BMW's have always been at 1% Apr, oh and the iX3 was a new model, no second hand available.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Might be a wakeup call for them if you casually mention you are going to view an MG.....
Wait time on the ZS EV is a long time too, parents just bought a ZS petrol, and if they wanted the EV there was another 6 month wait

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wait time on the ZS EV is a long time too, parents just bought a ZS petrol, and if they wanted the EV there was another 6 month wait
Yeah popped in and asked the question, at a bit of a loss now as the response from the dealer was woeful, basically your date can change at any time so don’t rely on anything they tell you. Will see if the sales manager gets in touch as they are on the verge of losing a sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have always had little time for car dealers. Dick Turing springs to mind. However I do have a degree of sympathy with them regarding the lack of availability of new cars. Surely they are struggling to keep afloat whilst waiting for the stock to arrive. I ordered October and they have been pretty upfront about expected delivery dates (as in they just don't really know) and they have been reluctant to give a date that probably will not happen. 7th July is what I was told about 5 weeks ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have always had little time for car dealers. Dick Turing springs to mind. However I do have a degree of sympathy with them regarding the lack of availability of new cars. Surely they are struggling to keep afloat whilst waiting for the stock to arrive. I ordered October and they have been pretty upfront about expected delivery dates (as in they just don't really know) and they have been reluctant to give a date that probably will not happen. 7th July is what I was told about 5 weeks ago.
Agreed Roger, the dealers I have ordered from have serviced my cars for the last 8 years and always been good, they must be exasperated with it but a little comms goes a long way on stopping people cancelling !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dealer phoned car ready for collection next week. Ordered December with 1st April delivery date. Dealer apologised for 20 day delay to original delivery date.
Had monthly updates since ordering. Happy customer.
Congratulations! Which spec did you go with? Mine’s still June, ordered November.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Congratulations! Which spec did you go with? Mine’s still June, ordered November.
Same here, got top spec fire red on order (Ordered October!)

281 - 300 of 360 Posts