Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who've placed an order, what is the current lead time on the 5? I am looking for a March delivery which is way off, but concerned that if demand is taking off the leads times mat extend

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
For those of you who've placed an order, what is the current lead time on the 5? I am looking for a March delivery which is way off, but concerned that if demand is taking off the leads times mat extend
My Long Range Ultimate is due in December 2021.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
was that the RWD version? I have ordered a RWD ultimate with delivery beginning September
Yes it is the RWD model, I found it hard to justify the cost of AWD when I don't really need it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just heard back from a dealer sho said delivery was normal expected in the next quarter after ordering. So, an early Q4 order can be delivered late Q1 2022.

I remember when Konas we're on a lengthily waiting list but I think that was a battery shortage issue?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just heard back from a dealer sho said delivery was normal expected in the next quarter after ordering. So, an early Q4 order can be delivered late Q1 2022.

I remember when Konas we're on a lengthily waiting list but I think that was a battery shortage issue?
They now have a massive chip shortage which is causing issues for every car manufacture and electronic goods companies.
DO NOT believe dealers they will tell you anything to get a deposit/order. Don't forget cars are just rolling out and countries such as USA/Canada/Australia haven't got cars yet so I would not expect anything until spring 2022. My dealer told me Hyundai made them lease their demo car for a year (10k mile limit) so they can't even sell that.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
123 Posts
They now have a massive chip shortage which is causing issues for every car manufacture and electronic goods companies.
DO NOT believe dealers they will tell you anything to get a deposit/order. Do forget cars are just rolling out and countries such as USA/Canada/Australia haven't got cars yet so I would not expect anything until spring 2022. My dealer told me Hyundai made them lease their demo car for a year (10k mile limit) so they can't even sell that.
Fortune has a headline this month that there is now more likely to be a glut of chips than a shortage. The factory taken out by a fire is back in production, US factories hit by last winter's bad weather are back in production. Hyundai is increasing production and stocking up on chips for the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts