Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted the shopping centre to ask if the polar chargers would remain free. They answered quickly with

Dear Nigel

Thank you for your e-mail to GWQ Info.

I have not been contacted by Chargemaster about the cost of using the chargepoints from April going up.

I can confirm that we do not receive any payment from this company or charge them any money for the use of these.

I will be very disappointed with them if they charge high prices, I can confirm I will be contacting them if they do this.

Also I am more than happy for any of your future visits to use our 13A socket where no cost will be charged by us to you.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Well done for contacting them. :)

More proof, if we needed it, that Chargemaster are doing this in isolation and without due consideration to their customers (us) or their site donors. It is incredible to believe they are doing this without so much as informing the donor sites... if indeed that is what has happened.

How enlightened GWQ are suggesting 13A was available. It makes me want to go there and buy stuff there iimmediately! Pity I live in Cornwall ;)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've used their 13a before. Same bays as polar and great backup when units down. Mennekes of course is faster

·
Militant EV driver!
4,563 Posts
Thanks for finding that out Nigel. Given that Gunwharf is the only public charge point I regularly rely on, it is indeed good news.

Last night that entire row of spaces was taped off for what looked like painting the walls. I, of course, was ok but a BEV might have had trouble. Given that there are 4 EV spaces, it is a shame they couldn't stagger the painting around them.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Perhaps a quick email to GWQ info might be worthwhile and see one or two kept clear while they paint... they seem pretty EV friendly :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts