Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just come back from holiday popped into Waitrose and found that the charge points( in the basement car park) have been removed.
No manager to ask today.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Aw man, that looked like one of the good "fill ins" around that area (free too I think).

Interested to know what options are around that area in general, in fact anything between Poole and the New Forest (Christchurch etc included) would be handy if there's local knowledge to be had.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sparse I think. Perhaps they are moving them

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wondered where they were I had a hunt for them the other week as I was passing through. This is one of the reasons I want to try and get people more involved in networking rather than relying on various organisations installing an infrastructure. Anywhere West of Poole in Dorset is just a forgotten hole as far as charging facilities goes and is likely to remain so as it's sparsely populated until you meet Exeter or Bristol, There are a few charge points in Weymouth though I've got to go and check them out myself in the real world rather than online yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
there are a couple of points at Roadchef eateries that might prove to be lifesavers...
Do these exist though? I'll check them out around the Dorchester area shortly but I know the Roadchefs as I pass them quite often and I am not holding my breath as they are small and remote

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was looking at the possibility of bringing a car across that way from Brighton to Devon, and wasn't too confident of covering the ground west of Southampton one little bit...
I don't blame you at all! I am just North of Dorchester and I am rather wary of going West at the moment. I can confirm the existence of the Dorchester Council charge point though I had to go hunting to find it. It's along the back wall of the car park adjacent the Library. I will check out the Winterbourne Abbas Little Chef at some point in the near future but as I say don't hold your breath on that one being there. Honiton is a bit far for me in an iOn but when I go through there next in my ICE I'll take a look and see if it's there unless anyone else in the region knows. I'm currently on a bit of a mission to check out all the charge points within striking distance of me here and am updating OpenCharge Maps as and when I find they need it with photos too. I'm going to check out the other Waitrose's in Poole that are also marked up as having charge points in Winton and Parkstone

·
Registered
137 Posts
Aw man, that looked like one of the good "fill ins" around that area (free too I think).

Interested to know what options are around that area in general, in fact anything between Poole and the New Forest (Christchurch etc included) would be handy if there's local knowledge to be had.
You can always pop in for a brew and use my home charger (New Milton) if you're passing ;)

Other than than that you have rapids at Bournemouth Nissan, Ringwood (PAYG), some fast chargers at Castlepoint, Royal Bournemouth Hospital and a few trickle chargers at various New Forest pubs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts